Windows 10: Reuse windows key

Discus and support Reuse windows key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a cheap computer to use for samba running Linux. It has USB 3 ports but is a cheap Celeron mini PC. I don't windows would work well anyway. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by justin weber3, Oct 5, 2024 at 3:07 AM.

1. Reuse windows key

I bought a cheap computer to use for samba running Linux. It has USB 3 ports but is a cheap Celeron mini PC. I don't windows would work well anyway. It comes with windows pre installed win 10 pro I think. Would I be able to use that key for a virtual machine once I wipe that drive and put Linux on it? I would like to install same version of Windows under UTM on my Mac mini. Would I run the windows welcome setup to tie the key to my Microsoft account? Or would I just get the key written down and NOT activate windows. I assume it would be a OEM key and not transferable but I wanted to get some e

:)

justin weber3, Oct 5, 2024 at 3:07 AM

2. windows 7 key reuse

I'm asking the second thing, if I can reuse my windows 7 key on another machine without any problems. (sorry, I see I forgot to mention it in the original post ^^)

CounterZeus, Oct 5, 2024 at 3:17 AM
  3. windows 7 key reuse

Hey guys,

I'm selling my 1 year old laptop (laptop 2 in sig), which came with Vista OEM.
    I installed windows 7 on it with a key from MSDN. My best friend(the buyer) will format the laptop before he gives it to his sister, so I wanted to know how I can reuse my key for a new pc in the future.

I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a clear answer. Will I have to call Microsoft or something?

kind regards,

CounterZeus, Oct 5, 2024 at 3:17 AM
  4. Reuse windows key

Reuse key

Good evening (morning night or whatever).

I want to upgrade my old vista PC to windows 10 (but as a fresh install) and I am wondering if I will be able to reuse my vista ultimate key (retail box copy).

Thema:

Reuse windows key

1. Reuse windows key - Similar Threads - Reuse key

2. Reuse windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reuse windows key: I bought a cheap computer to use for samba running Linux. It has USB 3 ports but is a cheap Celeron mini PC. I don't windows would work well anyway. It comes with windows pre installed win 10 pro I think. Would I be able to use that key for a virtual machine once I wipe that...
  3. Reuse windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reuse windows key: I bought a cheap computer to use for samba running Linux. It has USB 3 ports but is a cheap Celeron mini PC. I don't windows would work well anyway. It comes with windows pre installed win 10 pro I think. Would I be able to use that key for a virtual machine once I wipe that...
  4. Can I reuse a windows key from a device with windows preinstalled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse a windows key from a device with windows preinstalled?: I bought a laptop from Costco in 2022 that came with windows 11 pre installed. When I build my new PC will I be able to use that license for my new PC build or will I have to repurchase windows 11?...
  5. Can I reuse a windows key from a device with windows preinstalled?

Can I reuse a windows key from a device with windows preinstalled?: I bought a laptop from Costco in 2022 that came with windows 11 pre installed. When I build my new PC will I be able to use that license for my new PC build or will I have to repurchase windows 11?...
  6. Reusing Windows 10 product key on the same pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing Windows 10 product key on the same pc: Is it okay to reuse my Windows 10 product key when I want to reinstall my PC? not other PC, but the same PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-windows-10-product-key-on-the-same-pc/ee89e3fa-4348-4478-acf8-9514b0925244
  7. Reusing Windows 10 product key on the same pc

Reusing Windows 10 product key on the same pc: Is it okay to reuse my Windows 10 product key when I want to reinstall my PC? not other PC, but the same PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-windows-10-product-key-on-the-same-pc/ee89e3fa-4348-4478-acf8-9514b0925244
  8. Reusing Windows 10 product key on the same pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Reusing windows retail key does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing windows retail key does not work: I have tried to reuse retail key, which I have previously saved into a text file, on another machine, but I got an error. The old PC that had the license originally on it is broken and its harddrive was formatted. It was not linked to my Microsoft account, so I am stuck. Any...
  10. Reusing windows retail key does not work

Reusing windows retail key does not work: I have tried to reuse retail key, which I have previously saved into a text file, on another machine, but I got an error. The old PC that had the license originally on it is broken and its harddrive was formatted. It was not linked to my Microsoft account, so I am stuck. Any...