Windows 10: Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11

Discus and support Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had ongoing problems with my laptop. At night it locks up or shuts down and the only way to get it to respond is to turn it off and turn it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by T Perry1, Jun 30, 2024 at 8:52 AM.

1. T Perry1 Win User

Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11

I have had ongoing problems with my laptop. At night it locks up or shuts down and the only way to get it to respond is to turn it off and turn it back on. A BIOS upgrade was done yesterday and this morning I received an error in my event viewer after Chrome shutdown by itself. Event I.D. 2004 Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: chrome.exe 12768 consumed 7696478208 bytes, chrome.exe 1452 consumed 875102208 bytes, and SecurityService.exe 12188 consumed 422993920 bytes. Can you please explain what is

:)

2. Low memory and resource exhaustion - Dwm.exe in windows 10

Hi There,

Issues : Low memory and resource exhaustion - Dwm.exe in windows 10

Information : Just to let you know, when I leave my computer ideal for a while and when I return to it, I get to see a Low memory message. I am on Windows 10 computer (Factory installed - Dell). I wanted to know which application is causing the issue. Opened
    the Event viewer and surprisingly I found DWM.exe causing resource-Exhaustion.

Opened services.msc and could not locate desktop windows manager services. Checked in the regedit. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\EventLog\Application\Desktop
    Window Manager. There is a service listed.

Things that I am requesting

• How to locate dwm.exe (desktop windows manager services) in services.msc
    • How to allocate less memory to this service/ How to stop this service from eating up the entire memory
    • In the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\EventLog\Application\Desktop Window Manager there are 3 things listed
      • Name : Default Type : REG_SZ Data: (Value not set)
      • Event message file Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ Data: %SystemRoot%\system32\dwm.exe
      • TypesSupported REG_DWORD Data: 7
      What can be done to stop this service from the Regedit.
    Note: Dell Replaced the entire machine and this is a second computer(Same issue). So, could not be a problem with the physical memory modules. Increased Virtual memory and that did not work either.

Santhoshkumar.A, Jun 30, 2024 at 8:59 AM
  3. windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor

Windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor. Help. I did all the suggested troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to work.

Janet Brandares, Jun 30, 2024 at 8:59 AM
  4. Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11

Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2024 at 8:59 AM
Thema:

Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11

1. Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Resource Exhaustion Detected

2. Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resource Exhaustion Detected Windows 11: I have had ongoing problems with my laptop. At night it locks up or shuts down and the only way to get it to respond is to turn it off and turn it back on. A BIOS upgrade was done yesterday and this morning I received an error in my event viewer after Chrome shutdown by...
  3. resource windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resource windows 11: 2 days before I receive To see if this PC can run Windows 11, check the hardware requirements or visit your PC manufacturer's website this information only send windows 11 install option asap...
  4. resource windows 11

resource windows 11: 2 days before I receive To see if this PC can run Windows 11, check the hardware requirements or visit your PC manufacturer's website this information only send windows 11 install option asap...
  5. Resources for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resources for Windows 11: As per the previous announcement, Windows 11 will be released for the general public starting October 5, 2021. The rollout through Windows update would start today to the eligible devices and continue until 2022. Windows 11: A new era for the PC begins today Windows...
  6. Resources for Windows 11

Resources for Windows 11: As per the previous announcement, Windows 11 will be released for the general public starting October 5, 2021. The rollout through Windows update would start today to the eligible devices and continue until 2022. Windows 11: A new era for the PC begins today Windows...
  7. Resource Exhaustion crashes several Microsoft tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resource Exhaustion crashes several Microsoft tools: Hi, I am working from home and I am getting issues with my workstation. At the middle of my working day, I tools freeze. After multiple times, I was able to spot the following. First, I get the following event 2004 in Events: "Windows has successfully diagnosed an...
  8. Exhausted resources for help broken windows install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exhausted resources for help broken windows install.: I am installing windows 10 to my samsung 860 pro and I’ve bumped into a fair few problems although have finally got to the last screen where it restarts in ten seconds. After restarting it takes me back to install menu. Things I’ve done: 1.Unplugged usb at restart warning...
  9. Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install: Can anyone please help me with the following? Upgraded an 8.1 install to W10 and since have been having issues with virtual memory / resource errors. This normally requires the closure of all apps / progs but this morning the PC shut down as a result. On checking...
  10. explorer.exe uses all virtual memory, Resource-Exhaustion Detector

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    explorer.exe uses all virtual memory, Resource-Exhaustion Detector: Had this problems twice, with no clue what the cause is. It has happened when writing to a HDD so i guess it's that process that goes awry. The two were very different and a long while between each other (weeks probably). Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual...