Windows 10: Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

Discus and support Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roberto LEON [Energetic, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer using a USB to VGA adapter. I downloaded software to use the adapter. however, it seems that the resolution won't go higher than 640x800 and i don't know what to do. Please help! I Don't know if i have to go to the driver system performance settings or if i need to install new software in general. I'm over my head.

:)

Roberto LEON [Energetic, Feb 3, 2022
  2. Ghot Win User

Help finding and adjusting resolution?

@shrewstur

You need to click on the Emerson LCD TV, to see the resolutions IT supports.

Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help? [​IMG]

Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help? [​IMG]

Ghot, Feb 3, 2022
  3. CountMike Win User
    Screen Resolution

Resolution too low so everything is too small ? If it's too small that means that resolution is high.
    You can change resolution by going to ; Start > Settings > Display > Advanced display settings.
    You could also keep resolution but make everything bigger by adjusting Scale factor higher.

CountMike, Feb 3, 2022
  4. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

1. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help? - Similar Threads - Resolution stuck low

2. Low resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low resolution: I have a Dell K20A Thunderbolt / USB-C Docking Station K20A001 WD19 for work and I’m trying to connect a 3rd monitor using the remaining HDMI port. The first 2 monitors are connected with DP jacks but the last one is HDMI and is stuck in a very low resolution. I can’t change...
  3. Low resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution: I have a Dell K20A Thunderbolt / USB-C Docking Station K20A001 WD19 for work and I’m trying to connect a 3rd monitor using the remaining HDMI port. The first 2 monitors are connected with DP jacks but the last one is HDMI and is stuck in a very low resolution. I can’t change...
  4. Low resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  6. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  7. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  8. Help finding and adjusting resolution?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help finding and adjusting resolution?: Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it. Online searching says its 720p resolution, but neither of the two provided 720p's are right. Another search result says...
  9. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...
  10. Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low Resolution: Hello Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons...