Windows 10: Resolution broke after closing game

Discus and support Resolution broke after closing game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, My main resolution is 1680x1050, but i'm playing GTA V on 1280x960, because my pc is bad. Everytime I close this game, my resolution goes back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kryzdyniu, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Resolution broke after closing game

Hello, My main resolution is 1680x1050, but i'm playing GTA V on 1280x960, because my pc is bad. Everytime I close this game, my resolution goes back to normal, but this time it didn't. My resolution in Windows settings is 1680x1050. IT looks like it Has a lot of scaling. Please help.

submitted by /u/Kryzdyniu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kryzdyniu, Jun 13, 2022

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2022
  3. Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 13, 2022
  4. Resolution broke after closing game

full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

Resolution broke after closing game

1. Resolution broke after closing game - Similar Threads - Resolution broke closing

2. BSOD after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after closing games: Hello,I was hoping someone could maybe take a look at these recent minidumps and offer a suggestion on how to correct the issue below.When I have a game such as Minecraft or World of Warcraft open my PC runs just fine. It's after closing the game that my computer will crash....
  3. BSOD after closing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after closing games: Hello,I was hoping someone could maybe take a look at these recent minidumps and offer a suggestion on how to correct the issue below.When I have a game such as Minecraft or World of Warcraft open my PC runs just fine. It's after closing the game that my computer will crash....
  4. BSOD after closing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Extending display suddenly broke after changing resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending display suddenly broke after changing resolution: I have been using 2 monitors with no issue on windows 11. One is at 1440p and the other at 1080p. Tried changing the resolution on one of the monitors to 2160p which it turned out to not support. After this, I cannot extend the display on both monitors. Duplicating and...
  6. Extending display suddenly broke after changing resolution

Extending display suddenly broke after changing resolution: I have been using 2 monitors with no issue on windows 11. One is at 1440p and the other at 1080p. Tried changing the resolution on one of the monitors to 2160p which it turned out to not support. After this, I cannot extend the display on both monitors. Duplicating and...
  7. BSOD after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after closing a game: I had a BSOD after closing a game. The DMP file is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/be528lclf3pext1/MEMORY.rar/file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-closing-a-game/70fd64c9-cfeb-4708-b0a2-15dd7f253d25
  8. BSOD after closing a game

BSOD after closing a game: I had a BSOD after closing a game. The DMP file is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/be528lclf3pext1/MEMORY.rar/file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-closing-a-game/70fd64c9-cfeb-4708-b0a2-15dd7f253d25
  9. Game Bar Broke

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Bar Broke: I cant sign into xbox game bar I can sign into all other games and apps but that give me error code 0x87dd002c. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-broke/a317a686-788c-41ce-beb0-27558418578d
  10. Python broke my resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Python broke my resolution.: I was using Python 3 to mess around and make some games, and I was using the pygame module, and used a bool that allowed my window to be full screen. When I ran the code, it worked and I exited the window, but then I realized that my whole computers resolution had been...