Windows 10: Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

Discus and support Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Pc was being slow /missing some files decided to do a reset while keeping my files and it froze during the windows installation phase what should I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PlaatjiesEddie, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

Pc was being slow /missing some files decided to do a reset while keeping my files and it froze during the windows installation phase what should I do restart?

:)

PlaatjiesEddie, Dec 24, 2022

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Dec 24, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 24, 2022
  4. Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

PC goes into black screen and froze

The monitor has signal. Its just it froze and num lock froze and mouse.

What could be the culprit?

Here is what happened from start.

My brother is browsing the net with facebook and youtube and after a couple of hours, the screen turn to white and froze. So he did a reset and when it boot up it says windows didnt load correctly and it never booted up.

The next morning, i reformatted a new drive hoping its just an OS problem. But the problem is that in the desktop suddenly it will turn to black screen and froze the pc.

Now, made another clean install and when installing AMD driver, during the installation where it should blink and flicker the pc froze with black screen. So this is a gpu issue?

@XNine @jboydgolfer @alucasa

rubenclavs, Dec 24, 2022
Thema:

Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

1. Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do? - Similar Threads - Resetting started installing

2. Games are not running well after pc froze what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are not running well after pc froze what do I do?: My computer froze last night and I had to hard reset it power off and on now games are all running at terrible fps speeds, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-are-not-running-well-after-pc-froze-what-do/9c174e9e-3ef6-4c29-a100-d863b357a047
  3. Games are not running well after pc froze what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are not running well after pc froze what do I do?: My computer froze last night and I had to hard reset it power off and on now games are all running at terrible fps speeds, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-are-not-running-well-after-pc-froze-what-do/9c174e9e-3ef6-4c29-a100-d863b357a047
  4. Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?: Pc was being slow /missing some files decided to do a reset while keeping my files and it froze during the windows installation phase what should I do restart?...
  5. Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?: Pc was being slow /missing some files decided to do a reset while keeping my files and it froze during the windows installation phase what should I do restart?...
  6. PC froze. Didn't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC froze. Didn't know what to do: Hi, I was watching YouTube when my PC suddenly "froze," that is it was loading or buffeting, or whatever you called it.I tried to log off Microsoft Edge, but it kept on going round and round and I couldn't turn it off without disconnecting my gateway, too.I didn't want to do...
  7. PC froze. Didn't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC froze. Didn't know what to do: Hi, I was watching YouTube when my PC suddenly "froze," that is it was loading or buffeting, or whatever you called it.I tried to log off Microsoft Edge, but it kept on going round and round and I couldn't turn it off without disconnecting my gateway, too.I didn't want to do...
  8. what do i have to consider when resetting my pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what do i have to consider when resetting my pc?: i aant to completely reset my pc and i already know that everything will be gone but i dont need any files on my pc so thats okay. i am just wondering if i need to know anything or need to have anything on hand before resetting via windows 10 because once its started, the...
  9. Installing Windows froze at 2%. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows froze at 2%. What do I do?: imgur link I wanted to reset my PC because my sound wasn't working, and this was my last resort. I just did: Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Turned on Data Erasure -> Turned on something else that makes it so that I remove...
  10. What to do when I reset my PC with a dual boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What to do when I reset my PC with a dual boot?: I have read articles they all said it will affect the dual boot Boot UI: Grub 2 Dual booted operating systems: Windows 10 and KDE Linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-i-reset-my-pc-with-a-dual-boot/cf9dfcac-02f3-47af-9d63-3445f5c46286