Windows 10: Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account

Discus and support Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there,I hope this makes sense.My mom was laid off after a corporate takeover in 2020 and still has her old work laptop we are trying to reset. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IzzieP, Nov 7, 2022.

1. IzzieP Win User

Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account

Hey there,I hope this makes sense.My mom was laid off after a corporate takeover in 2020 and still has her old work laptop we are trying to reset. The main account is connected to her now disabled work account and naturally she forgot the password. We can't reset the password because it asks for a reset disk which naturally she has no idea about. We're not worried about the information. I'm wondering how I can go about factory resetting the device for her so she can just use it as a personal device.I figure we may hit a wall if the device is managed / was never released from the employer

:)

IzzieP, Nov 7, 2022

2. Unable to set up new computer with windows 11 work account

Hi Jose,

I followed your suggested steps but the same thing still happens when I complete the out of the box experience setup.

By the way, the only reason the device was even in the device list was because (as a troubleshooting step) I tried creating a local account and then connecting to my work account to verify that the windows install was working properly. So I'm not surprised I still got the same result Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account :(

Mattias Flander, Nov 7, 2022
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Nov 7, 2022
  4. Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account

Tochpad Not Working w/ Microsoft Mouse - Windows 10

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that Touchpad is not working in
    Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link and check if that helps.

Mouse and keyboard problems in Windows

If still the issue persists, then I would suggest follow the below methods:

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for “Windows 10” from manufacturer’s website and check if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Nov 7, 2022
Thema:

Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account

1. Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account - Similar Threads - Reset Former device

2. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  3. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  4. Former Work One-Drive Account pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former Work One-Drive Account pop-up: I have a personal One-Drive / account on my personal laptop. I also had a work One-Drive / account that was removed from my lap-top approximately six months ago. My accounts settings now only show that I have the one One-Drive account. However, I have recently been getting...
  5. Former Work One-Drive Account pop-up

Former Work One-Drive Account pop-up: I have a personal One-Drive / account on my personal laptop. I also had a work One-Drive / account that was removed from my lap-top approximately six months ago. My accounts settings now only show that I have the one One-Drive account. However, I have recently been getting...
  6. Former Work One-Drive Account pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows - Former work device w/ work account: Hey there,I hope this makes sense.My mom was laid off after a corporate takeover in 2020 and still has her old work laptop we are trying to reset. The main account is connected to her now disabled work account and naturally she forgot the password. We can't reset the password...
  8. Unable to Remove a Former Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove a Former Work Account: I am trying to remove a former work account from my personal Windows 11 machine and I am unable. It only allows me to remove it if I log into the account but I no longer work at the company and my account has been closed. I simply want to remove the account on my machine....
  9. Unable to Remove a Former Work Account

Unable to Remove a Former Work Account: I am trying to remove a former work account from my personal Windows 11 machine and I am unable. It only allows me to remove it if I log into the account but I no longer work at the company and my account has been closed. I simply want to remove the account on my machine....
  10. Outlook will not sync a gmail account that formerly worked just fine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook will not sync a gmail account that formerly worked just fine: One of my two gmail accounts no longer syncs. I get this error message : Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for *** Email address is removed...