Windows 10: Reset and usb port issues

Discus and support Reset and usb port issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi im having quite a weird issue, i can’t reset my pc because it says i have a problem but my usb ports have just stopped working now. i have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Golden **** Yosh, Jul 20, 2024.

1. Reset and usb port issues

Hi im having quite a weird issue, i can’t reset my pc because it says i have a problem but my usb ports have just stopped working now. i have no restore points im nor sure what to do

:)

Golden **** Yosh, Jul 20, 2024

2. usb port reset fail

Hi Laura,

We would like to know more information regarding the "usb port reset fail" error that you are getting. To verify whether this issue is being caused by the port or the external device, we would like to gather more information:

• What external device are you trying to connect to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the external device to another port or different computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different external device to the port?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jul 20, 2024
  3. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 20, 2024
  4. Reset and usb port issues

Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)

As I can see you are still getting the same error ‘unknown USB device (port reset failed)’. But don’t worry, you can try the below-working solution to tackle the situation:

1. Unplug USB & Reboot Computer
    2. Try A Different USB Port
    3. Uninstall & Install A USB Driver Again
    4. Change Setting Of The Power Management
    5. Disable Quick Startup
    6. Connect USB To Another PC.
    To know thorough steps of these solutions, simply check out this post: [FIXED] Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) Error – 7 Ways

I hope this will help you. Good luck…!

TaposhiSahu, Jul 20, 2024
Thema:

Reset and usb port issues

1. Reset and usb port issues - Similar Threads - Reset usb port

2. Reset and usb port issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset and usb port issues: Hi im having quite a weird issue, i can’t reset my pc because it says i have a problem but my usb ports have just stopped working now. i have no restore points im nor sure what to do...
  3. Reset and usb port issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset and usb port issues: Hi im having quite a weird issue, i can’t reset my pc because it says i have a problem but my usb ports have just stopped working now. i have no restore points im nor sure what to do...
  4. Issues with USB ports

Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  5. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  6. USB port issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  7. USB port issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  8. USB port issues

9. Issues with usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with usb port: it keeps saying that is is not recognized and i cant figure out if its cuz of the software or if its a physical problem in the computer, send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-usb-port/f9a2b8bc-7b05-49c0-9ff4-c7bf39a7ef4c
  10. Issues with usb port

Issues with usb port: it keeps saying that is is not recognized and i cant figure out if its cuz of the software or if its a physical problem in the computer, send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-usb-port/f9a2b8bc-7b05-49c0-9ff4-c7bf39a7ef4c