Windows 10: Require Sign-In options greyed out

Discus and support Require Sign-In options greyed out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jhaPL, Nov 16, 2021.

1. jhaPL Win User

Require Sign-In options greyed out

My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep" above it. I have contacted technical support and all they said was to reboot. This did nothing. I tried changing power settings and resetting power plan defaults. This did nothing. I scanned all windows files and had corrupted ones repaired. This did nothing. I'm rea

:)

jhaPL, Nov 16, 2021

2. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home (version 1903) installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in"
    is greyed out and defaulted to "every time" and unable to be changed. There is a red message just above this that says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown". I have tried lowering the UAC settings but still no luck. Any other options
    to not require a sign in every single time?

ChadKnight2, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

The require sign-in option in the sign-in options are greyed out.

Each time my pc wakes up it prompts for my password. this is a pain as i i have 2 pcs rigged toghether and when i am working on one the other goes to sleep.

i tried changing the options in all other places including in power options > no password after sleep , in screensaver setting.

All that is left is this setting.

dileepmatt, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Require Sign-in option in Windows 10 is greyed out

Hi,

It seems that the UAC (User Account Control) settings has been set at the highest level that is why the require sign-in option is greyed out. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 is installed?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to lower down the UAC settings, one level, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Require Sign-In options greyed out - Similar Threads - Require Sign options

2. sign in option greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in option greyed out: Greetings i have an issue with windows 11 pro. for the sign in options they are all greyed out. am also getting an error that some of these settings are managed by your organization mind you am using my personal email....
  3. sign in option greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option greyed out: Greetings i have an issue with windows 11 pro. for the sign in options they are all greyed out. am also getting an error that some of these settings are managed by your organization mind you am using my personal email....
  4. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  5. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  6. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sign-in options all greyed out

Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  8. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  9. Require Sign-In options greyed out

Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  10. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Require Sign-In options are greyed out: I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in" is greyed out and...