Windows 10: Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue

Discus and support Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance in resolving an issue I am facing related to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AsmaMuzzamil, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue

Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance in resolving an issue I am facing related to Windows Defender Protection History. I wish to delete the history for security and privacy reasons; however, I am encountering a permission-related obstacle.The problem arises when attempting to modify the permissions for Windows Defender Protection History. Upon trying to change the ownership of the files, I receive a notification indicating that I need to take permission from "SYSTEM." Additionally, I have noticed that the "Add" button, which allows the ad

:)

AsmaMuzzamil, Jul 18, 2023
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Jul 18, 2023
  3. Majulook Win User
    Windows Defender Protection History - Unable to remove threat entry  

In another thread....

Majulook, Jul 18, 2023
  4. Zehlewi Win User

Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Jul 18, 2023
Thema:

Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue

1. Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue - Similar Threads - Request Assistance Defender

2. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  3. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  4. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  6. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  7. Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance in resolving an issue I am facing related to Windows Defender Protection History. I wish to delete the history for security and privacy reasons; however, I am encountering a...
  8. Defender Protection history

Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  9. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  10. windows defender virus and protection history issue

windows defender virus and protection history issue: hello I did a scan and found the trojan virus I did not understand whether the virus was deleted and I was wondering how to delete the other topic protection history ?[ATTACH]...