Windows 10: Replace video card in Windows 11

Discus and support Replace video card in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do you replace a video card in Windows 11 if you have no video output, due to not being able to install the card's drivers until the card is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rick_766, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Rick_766 Win User

Replace video card in Windows 11

How do you replace a video card in Windows 11 if you have no video output, due to not being able to install the card's drivers until the card is installed, and there are no onboard graphics on the mobo?Here is what I've tried so farReplace video card in Windows 11 :Disconnected all other peripheral devicesexcept monitor, of course, then booted with only the replacement card physically installed,Re-installing the old card along with the replacement card and installed the drivers for the replacement card, then uninstalled the old card via Device Manager and physically removed it and left the replacement card installed. But, w

:)

Rick_766, Oct 14, 2023

2. Replacing bad Radeon Video Card

Yes, everything that was connected to the original card was reconnected to the replacement card. I tried bobkn's suggestion and uninstalled the drivers and tried reinstalling the replacement card (I used the motherboard's graphics connection so I could have a display) and the replacement card is not even recognized by the PC as being installed in Windows Device Manager and if I try and run Radeon's driver installer it says there is no Radeon Video Card installed in the PC. So reinstalled the original card and it is immediately recognized by Windows and works fine other than it's intermittent problem (that can take days to reappear). For whatever reason Dell's tech support is being a major pain in the neck to get them to ship another card. I think I have purchased the last Dell product if they think I'm going to deal with bad customer service and defective replacement parts (I have 4 Dell PCs and 3 of their Monitors and have been using Dell PCs for over 10 years).

sewing1243, Oct 14, 2023
  3. MaloK Win User
    Replacing bad Radeon Video Card  

Hi, In regards of your response, You should go ahead and try another source for your replacement card. Depending on your use, I would suggest to go with NVidia GPUs. And also Swapping video cards should be a nearly painless process... The way your are speaking, your system is still under warranty ? Is it ?

MaloK, Oct 14, 2023
  4. Replace video card in Windows 11

Dual video card laptops and Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

From the description I understand that system is not switching to the fasted video card which is Radeon 7600.

I suggest you to uninstall the current video card from device manager and install Radeon 7600 manually and check if this helps.

To uninstall from device manager follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right click on the video driver and click on
      uninstall
    • Now install Radeon 7600 and check.

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 14, 2023
Thema:

Replace video card in Windows 11

1. Replace video card in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Replace video card

2. Replace video card in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace video card in Windows 11: How do you replace a video card in Windows 11 if you have no video output, due to not being able to install the card's drivers until the card is installed, and there are no onboard graphics on the mobo?Here is what I've tried so far:Disconnected all other peripheral...
  3. Video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card: How can I determine whether my video card supports hardware encoding of H.264 codec? I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector software version 10 to convert a VHS C tape into an .mp4 file and I have hit a stumbling block. Thanks...
  4. Video Card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Card: I do not know where to find what my video card is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/55ee99de-c99a-4967-a2b8-2bb17b7e1518
  5. Replacement Graphics Card

Replacement Graphics Card: Hello, I’m trying to repair an elderly friend’s desktop PC and hope someone can help. In early November Windows Update supplied a driver update for the graphics card, AMD/ATI Radeon HD5570 DDR3. Straight afterwards the display screen was corrupted with block colours and bars,...
  6. Video Card

Video Card: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, is my card Open CL Compatible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/fb51a277-b614-4e1a-87d5-f2142897f7f7
  7. VIDEO CARD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO CARD: HOW DO I CHANGE MY VIDEO CARD ON MY PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/8ed2cbc9-0b85-4b04-a326-8d1c838778d2
  8. video card

video card: how do I fix or change my 'video card'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/4eb6c88b-59d8-4703-96de-2f86e6fe5943
  9. video card

video card: Hello everyone I need help. some friends and I have a problem with our pc and it is that they do not use the whole video card and some simple programs run with difficulty. I have a netbook Processor intel celeron 847 and it has 967mb of total graphic memory but memory...
  10. Replacing a Video Card after installing the free Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Replacing a Video Card after installing the free Windows 10 upgrade: I've successfully installed Windows 10 on four desktop PCs and one older laptop. Windows 10 has performed perfectly but I'd like to install new video cards in two of the desktop computers. I've read a few very brief comments online regarding the possibility of invalidating...