Windows 10: Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade...

Discus and support Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my AMD ASROCK X570 motherboard died and I have to replace with another model B550 since the old one is obsoleted and no longer available for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bonn_ng, Jul 13, 2024.

1. Bonn_ng Win User

Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade...

Recently my AMD ASROCK X570 motherboard died and I have to replace with another model B550 since the old one is obsoleted and no longer available for purchase. However, my Windows 11 pro cannot be reactivated. Do note that my Windows 11 pro was upgraded from the upgrade loop from Windows 7 pro I bought it retail with my ownself assembled PC. I do recall during the Windows 10 pro upgrade, it mentioned I do not need to use the product key as in with the physical CD which comes with the sticker with the 25 character key on it anymore so I believe the digital license or key should be stored

:)

Bonn_ng, Jul 13, 2024

2. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Hi,

I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate
    it). After selecting the correct device to activate I am presented with the following error message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

Learn more

You can also activate this device by going to the Store and purchasing a genuine copy of Windows.

Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade... Store.24.png

Go to Store

The "Learn more" page referred to does not help as I have just followed the steps listed on that page to get to where I am now.

Phil Brent, Jul 13, 2024
  3. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Hi,

I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate it).
    After selecting the correct device to activate I am presented with the following error message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

JohnGoldsmith2, Jul 13, 2024
  4. Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade...

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Jul 13, 2024
Thema:

Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade...

1. Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade... - Similar Threads - Replace Motherboard Pro

2. Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Motherboard and Windows 11 Pro cannot be reactivated Note : I got the free upgrade...: Recently my AMD ASROCK X570 motherboard died and I have to replace with another model B550 since the old one is obsoleted and no longer available for purchase. However, my Windows 11 pro cannot be reactivated. Do note that my Windows 11 pro was upgraded from the upgrade loop...
  3. ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard: Hi,I've been trying to reactivate Windows 10 Pro digitally for all of yesterday and tried resetting, running slui 4 to try to get phone numbers no dialog box popped up, and trying all activation troubleshooting methods listed on this forum reinstalling windows 10 from...
  4. ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard: Hi,I've been trying to reactivate Windows 10 Pro digitally for all of yesterday and tried resetting, running slui 4 to try to get phone numbers no dialog box popped up, and trying all activation troubleshooting methods listed on this forum reinstalling windows 10 from...
  5. Replaced Motherboard cannot activate windows, upgraded free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replaced Motherboard cannot activate windows, upgraded free to windows 10: Replaced motherboard yesturday, Cannot activate windows tried troubleshoot method to no end, nothing, i have my Installation ID but still doesnt work, i dont have a product key due to it being digital, not sure if system was signed into different email upon upgrade but,...
  6. Reactivating Windows after replacing motherboard

Reactivating Windows after replacing motherboard: Some backstory before I start- Back in June of 2018 I bought a prebuilt Cyberpower pc. After 2 years the motherboard died, so I replaced it. After booting it up, I have a little thing in the bottom right hand corner of my screen that says, "Activate Windows. Go to Settings to...
  7. I got windows 10 for free, I just got a new motherboard, can I reactivate windows?

I got windows 10 for free, I just got a new motherboard, can I reactivate windows?: Hello, so I had gotten Windows 10 when it was free back a few years ago. I recently got a new motherboard and now my computer says I need to activate windows 10. Is there a way I can still do this? Or do I have to buy a new copy of windows?...
  8. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard replacement

Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard replacement: So I recently had a motherboard failure and had to get a new one. My Windows 10 (which was activated earlier) started showing as not activated after I did. I must add that I upgraded to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Home Basic using the anytime upgrade offer that was...
  9. Cannot reactivate windows after a motherboard upgrade.

Cannot reactivate windows after a motherboard upgrade.: Hey all I recently upgraded my motherboard and tried reactivating windows by going to Activation clicking on troubleshoot and clicking on the option that says I changed hardware on this device recently and selecting my old computer unfortunately Im just greeted with the text...
  10. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard: Hi, I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate it). After...