Windows 10: Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail

Discus and support Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Today same error on a different computer since today never had this problem on this PC, but I don't use it very often.Opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quantum Informatica, May 12, 2024.

1. Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail

Split from this thread. Today same error on a different computer since today never had this problem on this PC, but I don't use it very often.Opened the Mail app, account needed corrections, clicked on the triangle, clicked on continue, rebooted the PC and then it was working.

:)

Quantum Informatica, May 12, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 12, 2024
  3. Claw57 Win User
    Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

Claw57, May 12, 2024
  4. Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail

Repeatedly having to sign in

Hi Peppy,

It seems that you need to turn off the require Sign-in Settings upon waking up the computer, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below on how to do it:

• Click on the Start menu, then open Settings
      and click on Accounts icon.
    • Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and select
      Never

Let us know if it makes any difference.

Robelene Win, May 12, 2024
Thema:

Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail

1. Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail - Similar Threads - Repeatedly being asked

2. Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatedly being asked to sign in Mail: Split from this thread. Today same error on a different computer since today never had this problem on this PC, but I don't use it very often.Opened the Mail app, account needed corrections, clicked on the triangle, clicked on continue, rebooted the PC and then it was...
  3. Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.: This is the video to show that.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1do_-QsgYD30_FoQuye19PvMrPLR61AMc/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarting-repeatedly-and-not-being-turned-on/672fe272-da85-48d1-94ae-ef709f11e24a
  4. Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.: This is the video to show that.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1do_-QsgYD30_FoQuye19PvMrPLR61AMc/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarting-repeatedly-and-not-being-turned-on/672fe272-da85-48d1-94ae-ef709f11e24a
  5. Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Asking for a friend Sign-in option disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for a friend Sign-in option disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated...: When my friend turns on his laptop he gets the message "Sign-in option disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and try again." He waits the 2 hours and logs in, he is...
  7. Asking for a friend Sign-in option disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for a friend Sign-in option disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated...: When my friend turns on his laptop he gets the message "Sign-in option disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and try again." He waits the 2 hours and logs in, he is...
  8. Asking for a friend Sign-in option disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Repeatedly asked for microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeatedly asked for microsoft password: Hi, Every few minutes a toast notification pops up declaring that i need to fix my microsoft account. Sometimes this on the OS level but also when i use Office products. Despite entering my password and it being fixed, it wilol not be long before breaking again....
  10. Mail app repeatedly asks for password update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mail app repeatedly asks for password update: Can't really add much more to the problem but every time I open mail to view my mail account , password out of date pops up . The mail account does open and everything looks fine , Help anyone ? 18512