Windows 10: Removing an app from the defaut app list

Discus and support Removing an app from the defaut app list in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Acrobat and Adobe Reader Touch in my app default list. I only want Adobe Acrobat Reader. How do I remove Acrobat Reader Touch?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DarrineBrown, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Removing an app from the defaut app list

Acrobat and Adobe Reader Touch in my app default list. I only want Adobe Acrobat Reader. How do I remove Acrobat Reader Touch?

:)

DarrineBrown, Jul 15, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Removing an app from the defaut app list :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 15, 2024
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    removed apps

Hi Marianne,

One way on how to reinstall apps is by downloading it from Windows
    Store. To isolate your query about reinstalling apps, we just have a few questions:

• Are you referring to the apps that have been downloaded from Windows Store? If so, what are the apps that have been removed from your device?
    • How the apps got removed from your device?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to reinstall apps that have been downloaded from
    Windows
    Store, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Store, then press
      Enter
    • On the search bar, type in the name of the app you wish to reinstall, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Free or Buy and wait for the program to install.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jul 15, 2024
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Removing an app from the defaut app list

Removing duplicate app entries from the default files list

Hi Roger,

There's a possibility that Firefox isn't uninstalled completely on your computer. We suggest that you uninstall it in the
    Settings app by following these steps:

• On Start, select that cog icon or Settings.
    • Go to Apps and select the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Select Uninstall and follow the instructions on the screen.

This will completely remove Firefox from your system and from the Default Apps list. You can also check and save this article that in case you need a guide to

repair or remove programs in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

If you found our suggestion helpful, kindly mark this post as answer so we can help other Community members that have the same question.

Jaune Bel, Jul 15, 2024
Thema:

Removing an app from the defaut app list

1. Removing an app from the defaut app list - Similar Threads - Removing app defaut

2. Removing an app from the defaut app list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing an app from the defaut app list: Acrobat and Adobe Reader Touch in my app default list. I only want Adobe Acrobat Reader. How do I remove Acrobat Reader Touch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-app-from-the-defaut-app-list/2c0434c3-66a9-4ac5-a98c-cdf6ba198868
  3. Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list

Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list: Hello. Last night I somehow stumbled upon a website not by choice that appeared to have a bunch of Norton anti-virus messages even though I don't have that software installed on my Windows 11 laptop. A lot of notifications were popping up in the bottom right corner of my...
  4. Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list: Hello. Last night I somehow stumbled upon a website not by choice that appeared to have a bunch of Norton anti-virus messages even though I don't have that software installed on my Windows 11 laptop. A lot of notifications were popping up in the bottom right corner of my...
  5. Remove corrupted entries from the installed Apps list

Remove corrupted entries from the installed Apps list: I had an external hard drive I had used as the install location for several applications. The hard drive failed. The apps appear in the installed apps list but have no associated uninstaller. I am unable to remove or uninstall these apps. I've tried IObit Uninstaller, but it...
  6. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  7. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  8. How to remove app from the Control Panel apps list?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove app from the Control Panel apps list?: [ATTACH] I uninstalled Chrome but I see 2 instances that I cannot uninstall. They probably also don't exist but show up anyway. How can I remove them from Control Panel's apps list?...
  9. Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list: Windows 10 includes something like 23+ programs which aren't likely to be commonly used. In my experience it will often drown out apps that I actually use. It gets pretty frustrating when it takes around 30 seconds to find an app I need to open. Sometime I may not remember...
  10. Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list: I noticed I still have an entry for an already deleted app in the list of applications found under notification settings as seen below and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I've searched both my file system as well as the registry to no avail. Anyone knows where...