Windows 10: Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...

Discus and support Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so basically what happened was I removed my desktop from my microsoft account and it revoked my administrator privelage from my computer, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stuckasuser, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...

so basically what happened was I removed my desktop from my microsoft account and it revoked my administrator privelage from my computer, my computer only has one account and it is not an administrator, I have been trying to find a fix but everything I tried resulted in the UAC popping up with the message "To continue, enter an admin username and password" the yes button is greyed out and there is nowhere I can put an admin password. And there is absolutely no way for me to change it from a user to an administrator.

:)

stuckasuser, Aug 3, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as... :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Zakin Win User

Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as... :(

Zakin, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...

1. Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as... - Similar Threads - Removed desktop device

2. If I remove a device from my microsoft account, can I log back in into my account from that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I remove a device from my microsoft account, can I log back in into my account from that...: I recently purchased a new laptop and during set up, logged in with my personal Microsoft account. On my desktop, I am logged in with my business account. I would like to log out of my business account on my desktop, login with my personal account and do a back up. Then...
  3. If I remove a device from my microsoft account, can I log back in into my account from that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I remove a device from my microsoft account, can I log back in into my account from that...: I recently purchased a new laptop and during set up, logged in with my personal Microsoft account. On my desktop, I am logged in with my business account. I would like to log out of my business account on my desktop, login with my personal account and do a back up. Then...
  4. If I remove a device from my microsoft account, can I log back in into my account from that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?: I have a Microsoft account which is linked to my device Laptop but after I clean installed windows, I used a different Microsoft account to sign in. Now my device shows linked with both the Microsoft accounts, and I want it to keep with only one account.So, can I unlink the...
  6. Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?: I have a Microsoft account which is linked to my device Laptop but after I clean installed windows, I used a different Microsoft account to sign in. Now my device shows linked with both the Microsoft accounts, and I want it to keep with only one account.So, can I unlink the...
  7. Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...: so basically what happened was I removed my desktop from my microsoft account and it revoked my administrator privelage from my computer, my computer only has one account and it is not an administrator, I have been trying to find a fix but everything I tried resulted in the...
  8. My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account: Good day! I have an ASUS Laptop with Windows 8.1 installed by default. Most branded laptops comes with Windows preinstalled, including mine. I upgraded it to the free Windows 10 many years back. A year after the purchase of my laptop, the operating system was not loading...
  9. Remove a device from my child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove a device from my child's account: Hi My wife and I have linked our childrens' device to our Microsoft account. We have two devices showing as connected for one child, by hovering over the "see devices" on the right hand side. We wish to remove one device but no matter what we do there is no option to do...
  10. removing a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    removing a device from my Microsoft account: How do I remove a device from my devices in my Microsoft account ? I no longer have a windows Laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/b01681e7-1a24-456f-8441-b20b0802cf1d