Windows 10: Remove family group from my computer

Discus and support Remove family group from my computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to remove a family group on my computer. I am the local computer Administrator and not part of the family group..... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DanDilzer, Jun 1, 2021.

1. DanDilzer Win User

Remove family group from my computer

I want to remove a family group on my computer. I am the local computer Administrator and not part of the family group..

:)

DanDilzer, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 1, 2021
  3. DavidLaye Win User
    Accounts and Family Groups

I want to remove my account from my family group. It is the ONLY account listed and I do not want this account showing up on my Windows login screen

DavidLaye, Jun 1, 2021
  4. CTib Win User

Child can remove himself from our Family Group

How can I prevent my son from removing himself from the Family Group? I've read the threads on this topic but can't find any that say how to block it. He doesn't have the password. He is listed as a "child". Yet he can still go into this and just click
    "Remove from Family Group". What do I do to prevent this?

CTib, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Remove family group from my computer - Similar Threads - Remove family group

2. Can't remove family members from family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  3. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  4. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  6. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  7. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can't remove family members from family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Can't remove family members from family group