Windows 10: Remember my apps and preferences greyed out in Windows 11

Discus and support Remember my apps and preferences greyed out in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Windows backup feature in Windows 11 Settings lets you backup your data, like files and folders to OneDrive. You will find this feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Remember my apps and preferences greyed out in Windows 11

Remember my apps and preferences greyed out in Windows 11 Remember-my-apps-preferences-greyed-out-1.png
    The Windows backup feature in Windows 11 Settings lets you backup your data, like files and folders to OneDrive. You will find this feature under the Accounts category. On opening Windows backup in the Settings app, you will see the three options: OneDrive folder syncing, Remember my apps, and Remember my Preferences. Remember my apps and […]

This article Remember my apps and preferences greyed out in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Windows Keeps resetting app preferences

Hi DanielGibbons,

We understand that you are having issues with your Windows app preferences. Please answer the questions below so we can assist you further:

• What specific update was applied on your Windows 10?
    • Did it also reset your PC settings configuration, or just the app preferences specifically for videos and picture files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, you can also try the steps below and check if it will work:

1. Perform a clean boot.
    It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Also, it helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

2. Once done, try to set again your preferences for videos and picture files.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anna Bon, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Remember my apps and preferences greyed out in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Remember apps preferences

2. Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.: I'm trying to move to a new PC, and take my apps & settings with me. Both new & old PC's are win 11 professional.First I need to sync my apps on the current PC, However, the 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out:External Link to image as upload fails in this...
  3. Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.: I'm trying to move to a new PC, and take my apps & settings with me. Both new & old PC's are win 11 professional.First I need to sync my apps on the current PC, However, the 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out:External Link to image as upload fails in this...
  4. "Remember my apps" grayed out in Accounts > Windows backup and "Remember my preferences"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remember my apps" grayed out in Accounts > Windows backup and "Remember my preferences"...: Hello there, when I want to backup my system settings, the option "Remember my apps" is grayed out, and "Remember my preferences does nothing when turned on and off, it still says it is not backed up. Here is a screenshot of the settings page PC name blurred for privacy:...
  5. "Remember my apps" grayed out in Accounts > Windows backup and "Remember my preferences"...

"Remember my apps" grayed out in Accounts > Windows backup and "Remember my preferences"...: Hello there, when I want to backup my system settings, the option "Remember my apps" is grayed out, and "Remember my preferences does nothing when turned on and off, it still says it is not backed up. Here is a screenshot of the settings page PC name blurred for privacy:...
  6. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  7. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  8. Make Windows 11 remember Apps, Preferences, Settings across devices

in Windows 10 News
    Make Windows 11 remember Apps, Preferences, Settings across devices: [ATTACH]Cloud-based technology has been in quite the focus for a few years now. It is getting smarter day by day and IT companies are trying their best to make it better for their applications. If you wish to get quick access to your apps and preferences on any Windows 11...
  9. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  10. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b