Windows 10: Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?

Discus and support Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In 2015s I forgot when exactly I buy this bought windows 7 professional 64 bit, and when windows 10 was released I use the free upgrade to upgrade my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bram Wiratma1, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?

In 2015s I forgot when exactly I buy this bought windows 7 professional 64 bit, and when windows 10 was released I use the free upgrade to upgrade my windows. I have not reinstalled my windows since that and my hardware motherboard, processors, vga almost stayed the same. But recently I started to replace some the old hardware because either they were too old or have technical glitches in October 2021 to be exact. I replaced my VG with ATI Radeon RX 560 4GB without reinstalling the windows, just reinstall the driver. For old games which had the option using dx 11 or dx 12, I experienced

:)

Bram Wiratma1, Aug 30, 2022

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 30, 2022
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Aug 30, 2022
  4. Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?

1. Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key? - Similar Threads - Reinstalling pro physical

2. Can I buy a windows 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy a windows 10 pro key: Hi, I'm asking this question today because everytime I try and find the official way to buy an official windows 10 pro key on these communities, I click the link and it leads me to a page comparing windows 11 and windows 10. I could care less the differences between the two,...
  3. Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?: In 2015s I forgot when exactly I buy this bought windows 7 professional 64 bit, and when windows 10 was released I use the free upgrade to upgrade my windows. I have not reinstalled my windows since that and my hardware motherboard, processors, vga almost stayed the same. But...
  4. Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling windows 10 pro and no physical key - Should I buy new serial key?: In 2015s I forgot when exactly I buy this bought windows 7 professional 64 bit, and when windows 10 was released I use the free upgrade to upgrade my windows. I have not reinstalled my windows since that and my hardware motherboard, processors, vga almost stayed the same. But...
  5. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  6. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  7. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Where should i buy my windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where should i buy my windows 10 key?: Im building a new pc and my current one is a prebuilt with an OEM key. So basically i need to buy a new key. Idk where to buy it. Its £120 on the microsoft store. On Amazon its likes £89 and i think thats a physical copy with the USB and there are keys on websites like g2a. I...
  9. I have buy new windows 10 pro activation key

I have buy new windows 10 pro activation key: Dear Microsoft team Please be inform that i i ha buy new wimdows10 pro CD with activation key, but unfortunately when i try to scratching the key code some of the code deleted attached photo Please can you rectify my key code. Regards, Frij kazazian [IMG]...
  10. Getting a new drive what Windows key should I buy?

Getting a new drive what Windows key should I buy?: Hi, buying a new drive what type of key should I buy. A genuine one or an OEM? I've never understood the differences between the two of them. 78925