Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new...

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Went through standard clean install process. Bootable USB etc.I have retrieved the product key from the BIOS. Cant seem to activate it via Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beth Mooney, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new...

Went through standard clean install process. Bootable USB etc.I have retrieved the product key from the BIOS. Cant seem to activate it via Windows. Called Microsoft, guy on the phone basically said "too bad there was an article about it. If you have deactivated your windows somehow, you will need need to buy a new key".All hardware is the same, just did a clean install. What do?

:)

Beth Mooney, Jul 25, 2024
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new... :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jul 25, 2024
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jul 25, 2024
  4. Weer Win User

Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new...

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Thema:

Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new...

1. Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new... - Similar Threads - Reinstalled years Microsoft

2. Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Windows 11 after years, and now Microsoft is telling me I need to buy a new...: Went through standard clean install process. Bootable USB etc.I have retrieved the product key from the BIOS. Cant seem to activate it via Windows. Called Microsoft, guy on the phone basically said "too bad there was an article about it. If you have deactivated your windows...
  3. So Microsoft is telling me that I have to buy a new PC in order to get Windows 11, is that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So Microsoft is telling me that I have to buy a new PC in order to get Windows 11, is that...: So Microsoft is telling me that I have to buy a new PC in order to get Windows 11, is that correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-microsoft-is-telling-me-that-i-have-to-buy-a/e6051e2c-df49-4be9-b7ce-70509ec3f2d9
  4. Trying to use Word and it is telling me I need to buy an subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to use Word and it is telling me I need to buy an subscription: Just need a blank document in Word and it is saying I need to buy subscription! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-use-word-and-it-is-telling-me-i-need-to/06d0493d-0e70-4aa4-b177-9993e33f5184
  5. Trying to use Word and it is telling me I need to buy an subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to use Word and it is telling me I need to buy an subscription: Just need a blank document in Word and it is saying I need to buy subscription! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-use-word-and-it-is-telling-me-i-need-to/06d0493d-0e70-4aa4-b177-9993e33f5184
  6. Had Windows 11 a year now its telling me I don't meet system requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had Windows 11 a year now its telling me I don't meet system requirements: In last week bottom screen says system requirement not met. Also seems to be a little system issues also where it feels sluggish.Device name DESKTOP-BM1G23F Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system,...
  7. Had Windows 11 a year now its telling me I don't meet system requirements

Had Windows 11 a year now its telling me I don't meet system requirements: In last week bottom screen says system requirement not met. Also seems to be a little system issues also where it feels sluggish.Device name DESKTOP-BM1G23F Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system,...
  8. I downloaded Minecraft in 2017 and now after migration it is telling me that I did not buy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded Minecraft in 2017 and now after migration it is telling me that I did not buy...: Can someone please help me?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-minecraft-in-2017-and-now-after/5d8e4bdc-c717-489e-828d-810aa6da115d
  9. I downloaded Minecraft in 2017 and now after migration it is telling me that I did not buy...

I downloaded Minecraft in 2017 and now after migration it is telling me that I did not buy...: Can someone please help me?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-minecraft-in-2017-and-now-after/5d8e4bdc-c717-489e-828d-810aa6da115d
  10. CyberPower PC tells me I need to reinstall Windows 10 but ....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CyberPower PC tells me I need to reinstall Windows 10 but ....: Hi, After a nightmare with my latest purchase with CyberPower PC and then sending it back and now it's back with me, I DREADED setting it up so this time I set up the basics in the hallway with an extra mouse and keyboard and my new "2nd" monitor. So after setting up I hit...