Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a dual boot machine windows 11 on one drive, and windows 10 on a second drive. When I turn the computer on, I get the Windows graphic menu to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel A1, Aug 28, 2024.

1. Daniel A1 Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues

Hi,I have a dual boot machine windows 11 on one drive, and windows 10 on a second drive. When I turn the computer on, I get the Windows graphic menu to choose Windows 10 or 11.Recently, something happened with windows 10, and now i get an unknown account once the post reaches the login screen. Obviously I don't know the credentials for that account. I do have another local account mine on that machine, but there is no way to switch to it . I have nothing on that windows 10 computer that I want to keep. So I want to reinstall, reset, or... windows 10I read that I have to interrupt the

:)

Daniel A1, Aug 28, 2024
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 28, 2024
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 28, 2024
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Aug 28, 2024
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues - Similar Threads - Reinstall dual boot

2. Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues: Hi,I have a dual boot machine windows 11 on one drive, and windows 10 on a second drive. When I turn the computer on, I get the Windows graphic menu to choose Windows 10 or 11.Recently, something happened with windows 10, and now i get an unknown account once the post reaches...
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a dual boot machine with windows 10 login issues: Hi,I have a dual boot machine windows 11 on one drive, and windows 10 on a second drive. When I turn the computer on, I get the Windows graphic menu to choose Windows 10 or 11.Recently, something happened with windows 10, and now i get an unknown account once the post reaches...
  4. How to dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine: Hey there,I brought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 pre-installed. Windows 11 is good, but I have been facing audio driver issue, some stuttering while shutdown and restart quite weird for a device running AMD Ryzen 5800H, 16GB RAM and 1TB nvme SSD and other software...
  5. Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine

Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine: Hey there,I brought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 pre-installed. Windows 11 is good, but I have been facing audio driver issue, some stuttering while shutdown and restart quite weird for a device running AMD Ryzen 5800H, 16GB RAM and 1TB nvme SSD and other software...
  6. Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine: Hey there,I brought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 pre-installed. Windows 11 is good, but I have been facing audio driver issue, some stuttering while shutdown and restart quite weird for a device running AMD Ryzen 5800H, 16GB RAM and 1TB nvme SSD and other software...
  7. Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to reinstall Windows 10 on a Windows-Manjaro dual boot machine?

How to reinstall Windows 10 on a Windows-Manjaro dual boot machine?: I have Manjaro Linux installed as dual boot on my PC. I primarily use Windows 10 Insider Preview builds. But due to the buggy interface, I need to get a stable build. So, i found out the only way to roll back is to do a clean reinstall. But if I do so, won't it wipe out my...
  9. Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10

Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10: Hello. I had dual booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, where Ubuntu was stored. But, now...
  10. Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?

Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?: I have an old machine that started out on Win 7. I updated/upgraded over the years and it now has two SSDs one with Win 7, the other with Win 10. I created the dual boot a long time ago from the Win 7 drive. I'm worried wiping will negate my Win 10 lisence since it was an...