Windows 10: Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

Discus and support Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Caleb.Hageman, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So currently I am unable to run a command prompt, restore, or reset my PC to get past the registry error.

:)

Caleb.Hageman, Jan 17, 2024

2. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So currently I am unable to run a command prompt, restore, or reset my PC to get past the registry error.

Caleb.Hageman, Jan 17, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 17, 2024
  4. thebuddha Win User

Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

If a system restore restores the registry to how it was before, then how come a trial version of a program does not reset?

I do the following in the given order:

1. Create a system restore point. There is a note of what the registry looks like
    2. Download a program which has a trial of X days
    3. When that trial runs out, use system restore to return to the previous point before the program installation

After these steps, the trial for the program does not reset, even though the registry returned to how it was before. Why is this?

thebuddha, Jan 17, 2024
Thema:

Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

1. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc. - Similar Threads - Registry Error Unable

2. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.: Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So...
  4. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.: Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So...
  5. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  6. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  7. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.: Hello. I have had windows 10 on my laptop and had no issues until now. Yesterday during normal use, the touchpad was unresponsive so I used tab+arrows to try to go into settings and figure out the problem. Windows 11 was downloading but not installed yet. Other than that I...
  8. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.: Hello. I have had windows 10 on my laptop and had no issues until now. Yesterday during normal use, the touchpad was unresponsive so I used tab+arrows to try to go into settings and figure out the problem. Windows 11 was downloading but not installed yet. Other than that I...
  9. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Restoring system registries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restoring system registries: Hello, To make my windows recognise my DVD drive, I have gone to the following support link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs I followed every method until method4... After that, i followed...