Windows 10: Recurring error on start-up

Discus and support Recurring error on start-up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lately I've been experiencing errors on my recently formatted PC. When I turn it ON after a long period of it being shutdown it turns off when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joaquín Fuentes Cornejo, Sep 27, 2024 at 6:57 PM.

1. Recurring error on start-up

Lately I've been experiencing errors on my recently formatted PC. When I turn it ON after a long period of it being shutdown it turns off when the motherboard logo shows on screen. When this happens I can turn it ON again and everything works fine; today it even restarted on it's own and I didn't need to press the button. I've been researching into the cause of this error and paying attention to the Event Viewer to be safe and all that. Also, I hear as if something powers down inside sometimes, but I see no change on performance. From what I have read it might be the HDD entering in stand-by m

:)

Joaquín Fuentes Cornejo, Sep 27, 2024 at 6:57 PM
  2. Daniel Win User

Recurring Explorer error that I cannot trace

I'd consider myself a fairly advanced home user, even daring to call myself a superuser but I've recently experienced a recurring error dialog that I cannot trace that is driving me mad.

My workstation is a Windows 10 64Bit Version 1809 (Build 17763.316) and I get the recurring dialog:

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

What's weird is that there is no corresponding log in the event viewer under the "Application" or the "System" event logs. Is there anything I can do to trace this issue further?

Applications running at the time of error:

• Visual Studio 2015
    • SQL Server Management Studio
    • Google Chrome (only my web app is open and there's nothing that calls for an app to open)
    • Eset NOD32 Antivirus (12.1.31.0)
    • Sticky Notes

Is there a way to enable advanced debugging or trace what process is trying to open a file? There are no scheduled tasks that would suggest they're the cause of this issue either..

3. Recurring error screen

Hi,

When do you receive the error message box?

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode and check:

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the system.

After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode:

• Select the setup file.
    • Right click on it and click on properties.
    • Click on Compatibility tab.
    • Select the operating system.
    • Click Ok.

Hope this helps.

Jenith_James, Sep 27, 2024 at 8:20 PM
  4. Dent1 Win User

Recurring error on start-up

Digital Download with Recurring Payments

I've got a few websites and blogs in which I sell a digital product. I've been using E-Junkies to Email the file to the customer after collecting payment via PayPal.

This was a good arrangement for one off payments, but now I want to create a membership site and need Recurring Payments. My website is not using a CMS like Word Press or Drupal so I can't use one of their third party add-on.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

Recurring error on start-up

1. Recurring error on start-up - Similar Threads - Recurring error start

2. Recurring error on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring error on start-up: Lately I've been experiencing errors on my recently formatted PC. When I turn it ON after a long period of it being shutdown it turns off when the motherboard logo shows on screen. When this happens I can turn it ON again and everything works fine; today it even restarted on...
  3. Recurring error on start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring error on start-up: Lately I've been experiencing errors on my recently formatted PC. When I turn it ON after a long period of it being shutdown it turns off when the motherboard logo shows on screen. When this happens I can turn it ON again and everything works fine; today it even restarted on...
  4. Recurring USB errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring USB errors: For some time now, I've been getting some error messages on at least two USBs both almost 1TB and of which I have used only 7%-10% of memory on each that I've gone through.The previous USB I had that keeps repeating the message “Please insert the last disk of the multi-volume...
  5. Recurring USB errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring USB errors: For some time now, I've been getting some error messages on at least two USBs both almost 1TB and of which I have used only 7%-10% of memory on each that I've gone through.The previous USB I had that keeps repeating the message “Please insert the last disk of the multi-volume...
  6. Recurring CertificateServicesClient Error

Recurring CertificateServicesClient Error: Hello,I have an Asus Zephyrus G14 with Windows 10 as my OS. In Event Viwer I constantly see this error pop up:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for...
  7. Recurring BSOD errors

Recurring BSOD errors: I've been having repeated issues with my computer BSODing regularly every couple of weeks. I'll play around with SFC, I'll check for bad drive sectors, I'll look for Windows or driver updates, I've even been playing around with connecting or reformatting or disconnecting my...
  8. start up error

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up error: Store Exception Error on Start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-up-error/6259ec9f-c312-4ba9-b3b9-cab5a7cf0c6b
  9. recurring bluescreen errors

recurring bluescreen errors: link to onedrive zip file of minidumps link to previous question I have been advised to run a filesystem corruption check: sfc /scannow returned no errors I have been advised to uninstall my graphics drivers with DDU and re-install the latest version: DDU...
  10. Recurring errors on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring errors on restart: Anybody else getting these 4 recurring errors every restart? The services they refer to don't seem to exist. Funny thing is, if I restart and go to 8.1 to do some work, restart and come back to 10, they do not appear. The time of the errors coincides with the shutdown time of...