Windows 10: Recovery Folder in C:\

Discus and support Recovery Folder in C:\ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After upgrading to Windows 10, I noticed a "Recovery" folder in C:\ in addition to "Windows.old" (which I already deleted). Before I delete it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by p3ntyne, Mar 21, 2015.

1. p3ntyne Win User

Recovery Folder in C:\

Hi,

After upgrading to Windows 10, I noticed a "Recovery" folder in C:\ in addition to "Windows.old" (which I already deleted). Before I delete it, I just want to ensure that it is an extra file in Windows 10 and not a normal one that is in every Windows version. (I also heard about a "RecoveryImage" folder but mine doesn't seem to have that.

Thanks.

:)

p3ntyne, Mar 21, 2015
  2. Ztruker Win User

I have C:\RecoveryImage, not C:\Recovery.

What is in the C:\Recovery folder?

C:\RecoveryImage has the following for me:

Recovery Folder in C:\ [​IMG]

Ztruker, Mar 21, 2015
  3. adamf Win User
    C:\RecoveryImage is there if you upgrade but not if you clean install. You can delete it but then you'll not be able to refresh/reset. What is the new RecoveryImage directory? - Windows 10 Forums

C:\Recovery contains WinRE.wim if you don't have a separate recovery partition. Deleting this would stop advanced startup options working. It is normally a system directory so you can't see it just by showing hidden files. I'd leave it - it is only 250MB.

This is what you get in root of C: with a BIOS based clean install on one partition.

Recovery Folder in C:\ [​IMG]

adamf, Mar 21, 2015
  4. Maggidon Win User

I do want to add this though. I removed that Recovery Folder and it was beautiful. I mean, the consequences were just beautiful. After removing it, I rebooted the computer and found it couldn't reboot. It was the most beautiful blue color I have ever seen. But the computer wouldn't go any further than that. My advice, unless pain is something you enjoy, don't remove that Folder. Otherwise you will have a computer that will not boot and the pain follows. Yes, the blue on the screen is gorgeous but you yourself will have the blues.

Maggidon, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Leave it alone or you will be sorry you deleted it!

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I guess you would need a boot disk you can use for a data recovery program. E.g.
    Active@ LiveCD (Boot Disk) - Ultimate Recovery Toolset on a bootable CD/USB disk

Great thoughts on your Blue Period (ref. Picasso) - blue font would have been perfect... *Wink

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery Folder in C:\ - Similar Threads - Recovery Folder

2. I have deleted a recovery folder in windows drive. Is it okay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have deleted a recovery folder in windows drive. Is it okay?: When I check my windows drive there are some folders that are hidden. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deleted-a-recovery-folder-in-windows-drive/a02b474b-6107-4139-aade-4ccc4c38c7f6
  3. I have deleted a recovery folder in windows drive. Is it okay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have deleted a recovery folder in windows drive. Is it okay?: When I check my windows drive there are some folders that are hidden. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deleted-a-recovery-folder-in-windows-drive/a02b474b-6107-4139-aade-4ccc4c38c7f6
  4. Document Folder recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document Folder recovery: Recently, all the files in my document folder and downloads disappeared. I tried different softwares like EaseUS to recover them but no luck. Is there someone out there who can help? Neither I deleted the files nor I remember or think of any virus attack....
  5. Document Folder recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document Folder recovery: Recently, all the files in my document folder and downloads disappeared. I tried different softwares like EaseUS to recover them but no luck. Is there someone out there who can help? Neither I deleted the files nor I remember or think of any virus attack....
  6. Document Folder recovery

7. HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!: I was reorganising things in my folders and renamed one of them Recovery because it was files I recovered from my SD Card. Its gone! I tried termial but is recovery is denied. Help!...
  8. HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!

HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!: I was reorganising things in my folders and renamed one of them Recovery because it was files I recovered from my SD Card. Its gone! I tried termial but is recovery is denied. Help!...
  9. How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed: OS Windows 10 Japanese, version 22H2 UpdatedSoftware and drivers UpdatedToday by mistake I deleted a folder C:\Users\Myname\Videos\For editing. It contain video files. And unfortunately I also emptied the Trash bin. I wonder if by using Windows file recovery what should be...
  10. How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed

How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed: OS Windows 10 Japanese, version 22H2 UpdatedSoftware and drivers UpdatedToday by mistake I deleted a folder C:\Users\Myname\Videos\For editing. It contain video files. And unfortunately I also emptied the Trash bin. I wonder if by using Windows file recovery what should be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 can i delete c:\recoveryimage