Windows 10: Recover my administrator local account

Discus and support Recover my administrator local account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by evermercadal23, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Recover my administrator local account

Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\" , create the key "SpecialAccounts", in this create a subkey called "UserList" and finally create a DWORD with the name of the user to hide and put the value 0. I did it and it worked, but now that I want to return it to normal I can't . I was p

:)

evermercadal23, Jun 9, 2022

2. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Shahjahan Win User
    Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello Thanks for your reply, I red the article and followed the steps within my capacity, however still having the same problem technically I do not see the delete link at the Administrator Account like it is at the other one...So confusing pls check the image - Thanks
    Recover my administrator local account [​IMG]

Recover my administrator local account [​IMG]

Shahjahan, Jun 9, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Recover my administrator local account

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Welcom to TenForums @Shahjahan

OK, let's get this problem clearly defined.

You say you created a local administrator account, you also talk about your 'original' account. Can you tell us which is which in the images you posted? You also say you followed the steps in the article. That would have enabled the built-in Administrator account.

Your first screenshot shows a gmail account with the name obscured. This would be a Microsoft account as it has an email address as its name. I assume this is the one you call 'original'.

The second screenshot shows the built-in Administrator account. This is a system account, it cannot ever be deleted as is a necessary part of Windows. You cannot create an account named 'Administrator' either, this is a reserved name, along with others like 'Guest', so that is NOT the account you think you created.

It would appear you have just the two active accounts, your original one with the gmail name and the built-in Administrator. What was the name of the local account you thought you had created?

To see a full list of all the accounts on your system, whether enabled for log in or not, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and type the command net users

You will see your user accounts, along with a number of other accounts used by the system. Administrator, DefaultAccount and Guest are built-in accounts, WDAGUtilityAccount is used by Windows Defender in version 1803, but may not exist in earlier versions. Any other names are your user accounts.

For each user account, type the command net user accountname (using each actual name instead of 'accountname'). Only accounts that say 'Account active Yes' will be visible in the screenshots you posted.

It may be that the account you tried to create is not active/enabled, if so, you need to make it active (as you did for Administartor) before you can manage it in Settings.

Bree, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Recover my administrator local account

1. Recover my administrator local account - Similar Threads - Recover administrator local

2. How to recover my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover my administrator account?: I accidentally deleted the defaultuser folders due to a disk space issue after reading online that it was safe to do so. Then I lost access to my administrator account and my laptop logged me out.I luckily managed to log in with another family account I had setup on my laptop...
  3. How to recover my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover my administrator account?: I accidentally deleted the defaultuser folders due to a disk space issue after reading online that it was safe to do so. Then I lost access to my administrator account and my laptop logged me out.I luckily managed to log in with another family account I had setup on my laptop...
  4. How to recover my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  6. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  7. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  8. recover deleted administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recover deleted administrator account: Hi, I had two administrator account on my windows 10. but I accidentally deleted my first admin account how i can get it back or at least get my data back?...
  9. Recovering Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering Administrator Account: Hello, I recently began noticing that my laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (running windows 10) started to slow down quite a bit ie. It would take forever to open programs, connect to the internet, and struggled to do almost any simple task. It was very frustrating. I...
  10. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...