Windows 10: Recording Preferences Setting not showing

Discus and support Recording Preferences Setting not showing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Gaming > Captures the setting "Recording Preferences" does not show and displays a grey bar instead. It was working a fine few days ago. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jonas T1, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Jonas T1 Win User

Recording Preferences Setting not showing

In Gaming > Captures the setting "Recording Preferences" does not show and displays a grey bar instead. It was working a fine few days ago. How can I fix this problem? I've restarted the laptop several times but nothing changed.

:)

Jonas T1, Sep 5, 2023

2. steps recorder not working to show screen shots

Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Steps recorder shows lines but not screenshots after save, can see before save

How do we see the screenshots

file created was Recording_20220429_1352.mht

Can not use links

• Review the recorded steps
    • Review the recorded steps as a slide show
    • Review the additional details

DennisJ Krohn, Sep 5, 2023
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 5, 2023
  4. weybrew Win User

weybrew, Sep 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Recording Preferences Setting not showing - Similar Threads - Recording Preferences Setting

2. Recording Preferences setting not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Preferences setting not available: I was playing while recording and saving clips even until yesterday. Today, I tried to record a clip and it just didn't work. When I opened Game Bar, all the recording features were greyed out. When I went to gaming settings to enable captures, there were no settings under...
  3. Recording Preferences setting not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Preferences setting not available: I was playing while recording and saving clips even until yesterday. Today, I tried to record a clip and it just didn't work. When I opened Game Bar, all the recording features were greyed out. When I went to gaming settings to enable captures, there were no settings under...
  4. Why does my recording preferences is not showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my recording preferences is not showing?: While trying to enable my Xbox gamebar recording, I discovered that my recording preferences somehow is not there and I have no way to turn it on. I tried to looked up on Youtube, but nothing worked. I think I might accidentally turned off recording for Xbox gamebar while...
  5. Why does my recording preferences is not showing?

Why does my recording preferences is not showing?: While trying to enable my Xbox gamebar recording, I discovered that my recording preferences somehow is not there and I have no way to turn it on. I tried to looked up on Youtube, but nothing worked. I think I might accidentally turned off recording for Xbox gamebar while...
  6. Recording Preferences Setting not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Preferences Setting not showing: In Gaming > Captures the setting "Recording Preferences" does not show and displays a grey bar instead. It was working a fine few days ago. How can I fix this problem? I've restarted the laptop several times but nothing changed....
  7. Why does recording preferences not show up? the options for recording and clipping are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does recording preferences not show up? the options for recording and clipping are...: As you can see, its greyed out? Anyone know the fix to this? I repaired and reset game bar and it still has not been fixedNothing under Recording Preferences as you can see....
  8. Why does recording preferences not show up? the options for recording and clipping are...

Why does recording preferences not show up? the options for recording and clipping are...: As you can see, its greyed out? Anyone know the fix to this? I repaired and reset game bar and it still has not been fixedNothing under Recording Preferences as you can see....
  9. Recording preferences not appearing...

Recording preferences not appearing...: Is there a way to fix this? I'm on Windows 11 by the way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-preferences-not-appearing/d1b02415-c96e-4cca-8c7f-021799b0d946
  10. Win11 - No Recording Preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 - No Recording Preferences: Please see screenshot. My recording is not working at all and I cannot enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-no-recording-preferences/09e7c12f-3aaa-4884-9cf0-6c223b66168c