Windows 10: Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

Discus and support Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vahid Hashemi1, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display to show me the log-in screen. During this time my laptop was on and I could hear the fan speed sound and see my keyboard lights. In other words the laptop was turned on but the display wasn't which it wasn't same as now. It took exactly 3m and 53s for display to turn on after opening the lid of the laptop. Does anyone else

:)

Vahid Hashemi1, Apr 10, 2024
  2. Edwin Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on! 168539d1513513257t-turn-off-display-5-minutes-still-30-minutes-later-000610.png

Edwin, Apr 10, 2024
  3. Swifty Win User
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes.
    I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on.

Any suggestions why this is not working?

Swifty, Apr 10, 2024
  4. n1trox Win User

Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Apr 10, 2024
Thema:

Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

1. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on! - Similar Threads - Recently laptop wakes

2. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  3. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  4. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  6. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  7. My Laptop is taking 4-5 minutes to Unlock from last few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is taking 4-5 minutes to Unlock from last few days: Hey, I have HP-15 Laptop and I have Windows 10 Installed in it! When I Start it, It takes almost 5 minutes to unlock but when I Lock it Myself and open it 2nd time it unlocks fast! Thereby, I have also noticed a noticeable change! My PC boots up really fast in no time, but...
  8. Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep: One more bug in my project to run Win10 on an older HP/CPQ CQ60 model. All working ok now except for a consistent, replicable problem with Display being turned-on when awakening from Sleep mode. The display is just shown in Device Mgr as a PNP Monitor device, which is pretty...
  9. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0
  10. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518