Windows 10: Read-only reverts back problem

Discus and support Read-only reverts back problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Read-only reverts back problem what, I have right now currently. I've tried to seek help but all the solutions for this problem did not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BorisKalashnikov, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Read-only reverts back problem

Read-only reverts back problem what, I have right now currently. I've tried to seek help but all the solutions for this problem did not work unfortunately. I had a problem called Attribute changer but, I've ran the program before the problem, so that shouldn't be the seed of the problem. I never had this problem so my speculation is can be windows update could be the source of the problem. I'm thankful for any help

:)

BorisKalashnikov, Aug 25, 2021
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Read-only reverts back problem [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Read-only reverts back problem [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Aug 25, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 25, 2021
  4. annie Win User

Read-only reverts back problem

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Read-only reverts back problem

1. Read-only reverts back problem - Similar Threads - Read reverts problem

2. Folder reverts to read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder reverts to read-only: Hello,I am trying to uncheck the read-only box in the properties menu of a folder. However, each time I re-open the properties menu, I see that my change has been reverted. I've checked the security menu in properties, and I have full access to the folder.This folder contains...
  3. Folder reverts to read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder reverts to read-only: Hello,I am trying to uncheck the read-only box in the properties menu of a folder. However, each time I re-open the properties menu, I see that my change has been reverted. I've checked the security menu in properties, and I have full access to the folder.This folder contains...
  4. Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only: I've tried pretty much anything i could find. But the problem persists. I have a file in Program Filesx86 that keeps reverting to Read-Only. Can anyone help?...
  5. Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only: I've tried pretty much anything i could find. But the problem persists. I have a file in Program Filesx86 that keeps reverting to Read-Only. Can anyone help?...
  6. Folder reverts back to read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder reverts back to read-only: I've tried many methods to try and set my folder to not "read-only". I've attempted to manually change the attribute by running the command prompt as administrator with the command: "attrib -R C:\ATLauncher". I'm not sure if I have written this command correctly, but it did...
  7. Reverting to read only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reverting to read only: I've set all permissions to full control. I'm the administrator. Nope, still read only. Yes it's the little black box that means nothing in the properties. Very intuitive design, 10/10. Also the virus and threat protection doesn't even show Ransomware protecc for controlled...
  8. "read only" keeps reverting back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "read only" keeps reverting back: Hello, it seems like I can't turn off "read only" for a specific folder, it keeps reverting back, I tried many solutions on the internet to grant authorisations but everything I tried failed It's not like I never had that problem, in windows vista, win 7, win 8, win 10, and...
  9. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...
  10. folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only: When I have to write to a sub-folder in either Program Files or Program Files (x86) and regardless if I turn off Read-Only attribute for the folder, the folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only toggled on within a Standard Account even though I'm prompt for the Admin...