Windows 10: Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

Discus and support Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Koslaw, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Koslaw Win User

Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my original key. I am under the impression that as long as I'm setup with Microsoft to have a digital license, which I do I can just login to my Microsoft account after installing windows 10 and it will automatically reactivate. Is that all I would need to do, or are there other steps that need to be followed? Thanks for your time

:)

Koslaw, Mar 12, 2022

2. replacement hard drive

Hi,

To answer your question if you can change/replace your hard drive with a bigger/larger capacity, yes, you may. Once you've changed/replaced it, you may refer to this
    article and follow the steps to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 12, 2022
  3. Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 12, 2022
  4. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

little cat, Mar 12, 2022
Thema:

Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

1. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive - Similar Threads - Reactivate replacing hard

2. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  3. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  4. Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive: Hello!I recently put in a new hard drive, and, since then, Windows 10 will no longer hibernate. It shuts down, instead, and I lose whatever was open at the time. By "lose" I don't mean I've lost data, I mean I forget what I had open and was working on! I recall my last laptop...
  5. Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive

Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive: Hi there,I've recently cloned my 500gig hard drive onto a 4T hard drive. All of my files, folders, and programs are functioning properly, but my Windows 10 Home is no longer activated. I've attempted to re-enter my product key, but it will not accept it. Any help would be...
  6. Windows activation after hard drive replacement

Windows activation after hard drive replacement: Hello, I had to replace a faulty hard drive on my HP laptop that was shipped with OEM windows 8 home version which was later upgraded to windows 10. After reinstalling the windows home, it is now asking to activate windows fails to get activated automatically. I am able to...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement

Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement: Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10 I just replaced my hard drive. Since Dell did not provide me with a Windows disk, we reloaded Windows with a disk my techie husband already had. Since it was not the Dell OEM version of Windows 10, I am now unable to activate Windows. It's...
  8. Reactivation after Hard drive installation

Reactivation after Hard drive installation: I bought a computer off someone, and it came activated with windows 10, but after i put in another hard drive, windows deactivated. The troubleshooter doesn't work, because it needs me to sign into the microsoft account that was linked with the license, but i don't have...
  9. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement: How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it....
  10. Replacing windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing windows 10 after hard drive crash: Will this require purchase of a new windows 10 licence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/replacing-windows-10-after-hard-drive-crash/bacebd6e-566e-49fa-85e7-8b0846fc08af