Windows 10: Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice

Discus and support Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have recently built a new pc and purchased a windows 11 pro license. I then went ahead and activated this system, before discovering fatal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Charles-Frédérick, May 29, 2024.

1. Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice

Hello,I have recently built a new pc and purchased a windows 11 pro license. I then went ahead and activated this system, before discovering fatal hardware issues with my motherboard. I then had to refund this motherboard and order a new one. This new motherboard is installed and functionnal, but I seem to not be able to activate on this new motherboard as it already has been used to activate windows. The activation state of the system is currently "Not active", and when going through the troubleshooter the prompt say that it was not able to activate windows on this device. I then follow the "

:)

Charles-Frédérick, May 29, 2024

2. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change.

How can this be true if I've changed my motherboard twice before without any activation issues?

Also, do you agree with the step "neilpzz" is suggesting, posting a screenshot of that information on this public forum?

FawwazCader, May 29, 2024
  3. Graf Dyon Win User
    Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, May 29, 2024
  4. Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice

1. Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice - Similar Threads - activating changing motherboards

2. Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating windows after changing motherboards twice: Hello,I have recently built a new pc and purchased a windows 11 pro license. I then went ahead and activated this system, before discovering fatal hardware issues with my motherboard. I then had to refund this motherboard and order a new one. This new motherboard is installed...
  3. Re-activating windows after changer motherboards twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating windows after changer motherboards twice: Hello,I have recently built a new pc and purchased a windows 11 pro license. I then went ahead and activated this system, before discovering fatal hardware issues with my motherboard. I then had to refund this motherboard and order a new one. This new motherboard is installed...
  4. Re-activating windows after changer motherboards twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-activating windows after changer motherboards twice: Hello,I have recently built a new pc and purchased a windows 11 pro license. I then went ahead and activated this system, before discovering fatal hardware issues with my motherboard. I then had to refund this motherboard and order a new one. This new motherboard is installed...
  5. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi,I recently built a PC and transferred my Windows 10 Pro license to it.Unfortunately the Motherboard turned out to be deflective and had to be replaced.Now after Windows installation with the new Motherboard, running into the error below whenever I try to Activate the...
  6. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi,I recently built a PC and transferred my Windows 10 Pro license to it.Unfortunately the Motherboard turned out to be deflective and had to be replaced.Now after Windows installation with the new Motherboard, running into the error below whenever I try to Activate the...
  7. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

Re-activating windows after motherboard change: Hello! I recently changed out my motherboard and have to re-activate windows 10. It's a retail copy and I have a digital license but when I click "I changed hardware on this device recently" under the trouble shooter it tells me it is unable to reactivate because the servers...
  9. Re-activating my Windows 10 after motherboard change

Re-activating my Windows 10 after motherboard change: I recently changed the motherboard on my desktop computer running Windows 10. The problem is I didn't know that beforehand I was supposed to tell windows that I would be changing my hardware. Is there any way i can re-activate Windows 10 or am I stuck until i re-buy Windows...
  10. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activating windows after motherboard change: I bought a PC from Cyberpower and it had the full version of windows 10 on the hard drive, I recently did an hardware upgrade (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and when I booted the computer up again after the upgrade it said I needed to re activate windows. And when I go to re...