Windows 10: RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

Discus and support RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephen Powers1, Jul 7, 2023.

1. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to. While this setup does work in terms of granting remote access to users within the linked group, to all the servers in the linked OU, I need more granularity and want to create multiple groups that can have remote access to select servers while some super-users can have access to all servers, but I want all servers to get RDS

:)

Stephen Powers1, Jul 7, 2023

2. RDS Licensing

We have an environment with 20+ Remote Desktop Services host servers and one RDS licensing server installed. If we want to provide remote desktop access to 1000 users, should we procure the required CAL licenses using a per user or per device licensing model?

Ashok KumarCV, Jul 7, 2023
  3. TS RDS Device CAL license unbind device

Hi All,

I have issue on TS RDS cal license in Win 2008 R2 server.

Have procured few TS RDS Device CAL and configured in Win 2008 Server. Now few users are left and device is cleaned and remove few users dot not required to be access and i need to give another user access. But 10 license configured and always 4 to 5 users
    are connected not more than that. now issue is another user trying to connect it says unable to connect RDC check remote machine is ON and have access.

I need to cleanup of binded systems here which is not in use so that i can use that license to another device.

Please suggest

Regards,

Reddy

Reddyp_008, Jul 7, 2023
  4. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

RDS CAL downgrade rights under Volume Licensing

Hi,

Good day everyone!

I would just like to inquire where can I seek assistance for my inquiry regarding RDS CAL, if it has downgrade rights since it is under Volume Licensing?

This is an inquiry from our Partner since they are proposing RDS CAL 2019 licenses but the
    existing License Server is Windows 2012 R2 (upon checking the aforementioned Windows Server version and RDS CAL version is not compatible)

We always offer the latest version in the VLSC portal, but we’d like to know if RDS CAL has downgrade rights under Volume Licensing?

I apologize if I am sending this on the wrong window, I just tried posting this here to be here.

Appreciate any suggestions/email response for this matter. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Chelsi Maitim

Marie Chelsi Maitim, Jul 7, 2023
Thema:

RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

1. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO - Similar Threads - RDS License Server

2. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  3. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  4. windows server CAL license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server CAL license: 1.windows server 2022 standard license have how many user CAL?2.what is the use of user cal? in my domain i have 80 users and they can access network files without user CAL license?3.only folder sharing we use , really it need user CAL to access folder from server?...
  5. windows server CAL license

windows server CAL license: 1.windows server 2022 standard license have how many user CAL?2.what is the use of user cal? in my domain i have 80 users and they can access network files without user CAL license?3.only folder sharing we use , really it need user CAL to access folder from server?...
  6. RDS CAL License error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS CAL License error: Hello Guys i have installed Windows Remote desktop servicesterminal Sever in my windows server 2019.and i have purchased windows 50 user Cal license retail key one time was key activated successfully but i was deleted key now trying to again enter key but its getting error 1-...
  7. RDS CAL License error

RDS CAL License error: Hello Guys i have installed Windows Remote desktop servicesterminal Sever in my windows server 2019.and i have purchased windows 50 user Cal license retail key one time was key activated successfully but i was deleted key now trying to again enter key but its getting error 1-...
  8. CAL License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAL License: Hi There, Here I have a question regarding the CAL license. My organization has 100+ users and 60+ computers. I have a licensed Windows server and I wanted to manage my organization's user accounts and computers using an active directory. My question is do I really need a CAL...
  9. CAL License

CAL License: Hi There, Here I have a question regarding the CAL license. My organization has 100+ users and 60+ computers. I have a licensed Windows server and I wanted to manage my organization's user accounts and computers using an active directory. My question is do I really need a CAL...
  10. Win Server 2019 CAL license ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win Server 2019 CAL license ?: To access Win Server 2016 can I use Win Server 2019 CAL license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-server-2019-cal-license/671617c9-e01a-4e44-a043-de8c2cf1a73b"