Windows 10: Random "soft" system crash when quitting games

Discus and support Random "soft" system crash when quitting games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time i quit a game, i get a soft system crash during which all apps freeze and the power/restart remains unresponsive. The only way to restart is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Patrick Mathieson, Oct 15, 2024 at 6:17 PM.

1. Random "soft" system crash when quitting games

Every time i quit a game, i get a soft system crash during which all apps freeze and the power/restart remains unresponsive. The only way to restart is to manually shut down the PC. The time it takes to crash after closing a game varies, but often shows GPU usage at -1%. I haven't encountered the crash without exiting a game. I have tried SFC scan, which game up short, turning on and off UEFI option in bios and tried making a new user on my PC, but the problem still persists.CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700XGPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 superMotherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI MS-7C94Operating System: Window

:)

Patrick Mathieson, Oct 15, 2024 at 6:17 PM
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

4. Morgan123 Win User

Random "soft" system crash when quitting games

New build all games crashing windows 10 pro 1903 18362.418

Hello,

Please, complete your System Specs so we may better help you. I didn't see a PSU listed there.

A software conflict is also a possible cause of the random crash you're experiencing when playing games. To determine if an installed program is causing the crashes, I suggest performing a clean boot.

Be sure to check you're running the newer GPU driver, and your Graphics card settings are correct.

Check Device Manager for driver conflicts.

Hope this helps.

Thema:

Random "soft" system crash when quitting games

1. Random "soft" system crash when quitting games - Similar Threads - Random soft system

2. Random "soft" system crash when quitting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random "soft" system crash when quitting games: Every time i quit a game, i get a soft system crash during which all apps freeze and the power/restart remains unresponsive. The only way to restart is to manually shut down the PC. The time it takes to crash after closing a game varies, but often shows GPU usage at -1%. I...
  3. Random "soft" system crash when quitting games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random "soft" system crash when quitting games: Every time i quit a game, i get a soft system crash during which all apps freeze and the power/restart remains unresponsive. The only way to restart is to manually shut down the PC. The time it takes to crash after closing a game varies, but often shows GPU usage at -1%. I...
  4. System randomly crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System randomly crashes when playing games: The system randomly give bsod when playing games while giving error code of unexpected store exception.The BOSD only occurs when I play games, but stays normal when I do other stuff, such as model training and other cpu/GPU heavy work.Tried driver verification, but it cannot...
  5. System randomly crashes when playing games

System randomly crashes when playing games: The system randomly give bsod when playing games while giving error code of unexpected store exception.The BOSD only occurs when I play games, but stays normal when I do other stuff, such as model training and other cpu/GPU heavy work.Tried driver verification, but it cannot...
  6. Random crashes when playing games

Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  7. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  8. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  9. Random soft shutdowns

10. Random "soft" system crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random "soft" system crash: Hi everyone,My system has been randomly crashing for the last couple of months. An open app Chrome, Firefox, OBS, Skype will suddenly become laggy and then freeze entirely. This behaviour then begins to affect other apps, as well as Windows Taskbar, Task Manager, etc. The...