Windows 10: Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.

Discus and support Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Randomly bumped my desk, and directly after my entire pc caused a screen freezing crash. During said crash there was a really loud noise through my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oh No3, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Oh No3 Win User

Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.

Randomly bumped my desk, and directly after my entire pc caused a screen freezing crash. During said crash there was a really loud noise through my headset, and then suddenly the entire PC just powered off. After such I ran a WhoCrashed.EXE to get a crash file, and was greeted with this message. "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"A fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA. This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor

:)

Oh No3, Jan 6, 2024
  2. RexxerSZ Win User

PC Random Crashes.

Hello everyone.

I built a nice PC earlier this year, and in the past couple of months it tends to random-crash sometimes when first booted up. It doesn't BSOD, just hard restarts back to the sign in page.

I went and found the dump file, any help in identifying this issue would be greatly appreciated as I am not sure what is causing it. My guess is it may be GPU related? One thing odd that happened was it sounded like my PSU fan whined to life really fast
    the other night for one of the crashes. I had never heard that noise before.

Anyway here is the dump file! And thanks!

WATCHDOG-20191213-2326.zip

RexxerSZ, Jan 6, 2024
  3. Tebi Sa Win User
    Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your computer. Random crashes and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors can be frustrating to troubleshoot, but analyzing minidump files can provide valuable information about the underlying causes.

Unfortunately, as a text-based AI model, I'm unable to directly access or analyze files or attachments. However, I can provide you with some general guidance on how to analyze minidump files yourself or suggest alternative troubleshooting steps.

1. Analyzing minidump files:
      • To analyze minidump files, you'll need a debugger tool like WinDbg, which is part of the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK). Install the SDK and WinDbg on your computer.
      • Open WinDbg and go to "File" > "Open Crash Dump." Browse and select the minidump file you want to analyze.
      • WinDbg will load the minidump and display information about the crash. Look for the error message or the faulting module that caused the crash. This information can help identify the potential cause of the problem.
      • If you're unfamiliar with WinDbg or analyzing minidump files, you can search for specific error messages or faulting modules online or seek help from forums and communities dedicated to Windows troubleshooting.
    2. Alternative troubleshooting steps:
      • Since you suspect faulty RAM, testing it with new RAM modules is a good step. Faulty RAM can cause various stability issues, including crashes and BSOD errors. Consider ordering new RAM and replacing the existing modules to see if it resolves the problem.
      • Ensure that all your drivers, including motherboard chipset drivers, graphics card drivers, and other hardware drivers, are up to date. Outdated or incompatible drivers can lead to system instability.
      • Monitor your computer's temperature using software like HWMonitor or Core Temp. Overheating components can cause crashes. Make sure your computer's cooling system is working properly and clean any dust buildup on the CPU cooler and other components.
      • Check for any recently installed software or drivers that may be causing conflicts. Uninstalling or rolling back recent changes can help isolate the problem.
      • If the issues persist, you may want to consider seeking assistance from a professional computer technician or contacting the customer support of your computer's manufacturer.
    Remember to always back up your important data before making any major changes to your system or replacing hardware components.

I hope these suggestions help you in troubleshooting and resolving the issues you're experiencing with your computer.

Tebi Sa, Jan 6, 2024
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise. - Similar Threads - Random hard crash

2. Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...: Hello,my laptop is starting to random crash for no reason and i don't know why. Can anybody help?i've run tests and benchmarks and everything is passed with green lights.Here's the event logs with a recent crash.logs.evtxIt just freeze with no BSOD but black screen on main...
  3. Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...: Hello,my laptop is starting to random crash for no reason and i don't know why. Can anybody help?i've run tests and benchmarks and everything is passed with green lights.Here's the event logs with a recent crash.logs.evtxIt just freeze with no BSOD but black screen on main...
  4. My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just...

My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just...: My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just installed a new aio for my cpu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-making-a-random-audio-noise-the-gpu/771037ed-87f5-4651-a10d-8e084af436a4
  5. Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.

Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.: Randomly bumped my desk, and directly after my entire pc caused a screen freezing crash. During said crash there was a really loud noise through my headset, and then suddenly the entire PC just powered off. After such I ran a WhoCrashed.EXE to get a crash file, and was...
  6. Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.: Randomly bumped my desk, and directly after my entire pc caused a screen freezing crash. During said crash there was a really loud noise through my headset, and then suddenly the entire PC just powered off. After such I ran a WhoCrashed.EXE to get a crash file, and was...
  7. audio is bugging out randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio is bugging out randomly: i need to fix my audio, i have extremely glitchy audio, specifically with voices. some sounds are also really bassy and echoey, and some sounds don't work at all. any help? already tried to disable all enhancements, cant figure out drivers, did windows troubleshoot and it...
  8. audio is bugging out randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio is bugging out randomly: i need to fix my audio, i have extremely glitchy audio, specifically with voices. some sounds are also really bassy and echoey, and some sounds don't work at all. any help? already tried to disable all enhancements, cant figure out drivers, did windows troubleshoot and it...
  9. audio is bugging out randomly

10. Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen: As title says, my PC has a crash that doesn't come with BSOD or anything like that, just a frozen black screen. It's happened more frequently before with bad RAM, but I replaced the RAM and it ran well for 4+ weeks. But strangely it happened once more last night. Here are the...