Windows 10: Random freezing/crashing when playing games.

Discus and support Random freezing/crashing when playing games. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever i play games mainly Fortnite and Apex legends on my windows 10 PC, it will randomly freeze for a few seconds or crash and a debugging report... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shane McQuoid, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Random freezing/crashing when playing games.

Whenever i play games mainly Fortnite and Apex legends on my windows 10 PC, it will randomly freeze for a few seconds or crash and a debugging report will be sent to AMD. I don't know what to do and i have tried updating drivers but nothing has helped. does anyone know what could make it better? My specs are : . IntelR core i5-7600k @3.80ghz with 4 cores. 16gb of installed ram and an extra 4 on the gpu. . AMD Radeon RX 460 sapphire nitro using GDDR5 memory@ 2000 MHz and 8192MB of VRAM. Gigabyte Z270MX-Gaming5 motherboard. If any other information is needed to solve the problem tell me and

:)

Shane McQuoid, Aug 27, 2024
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Aug 27, 2024
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 27, 2024
  4. Random freezing/crashing when playing games.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 27, 2024
Thema:

Random freezing/crashing when playing games.

1. Random freezing/crashing when playing games. - Similar Threads - Random freezing crashing

2. Random freezing/crashing when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezing/crashing when playing games.: Whenever i play games mainly Fortnite and Apex legends on my windows 10 PC, it will randomly freeze for a few seconds or crash and a debugging report will be sent to AMD. I don't know what to do and i have tried updating drivers but nothing has helped. does anyone know what...
  3. System randomly crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System randomly crashes when playing games: The system randomly give bsod when playing games while giving error code of unexpected store exception.The BOSD only occurs when I play games, but stays normal when I do other stuff, such as model training and other cpu/GPU heavy work.Tried driver verification, but it cannot...
  4. System randomly crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System randomly crashes when playing games: The system randomly give bsod when playing games while giving error code of unexpected store exception.The BOSD only occurs when I play games, but stays normal when I do other stuff, such as model training and other cpu/GPU heavy work.Tried driver verification, but it cannot...
  5. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  6. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  7. PC crashes or freezing while playing games or when using randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes or freezing while playing games or when using randomly.: Hello, i have issue with my Windows 10. I had been facing this issue for almost 2 months where my PC crashes randomly when im using it. I had performed all the diagnostics test which preloaded in my PC which is HP, i never found a issue that cause this problem. I had also...
  8. Random computer crashes when playing game

Random computer crashes when playing game: Hey everyone, my computer has been randomly crashing when playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. It seems to happen more frequently lately happening about three times today. I have uploaded my .dmp file Even though it says date modified 10/2 and my MSinfo file. Any help/direction...
  9. Freeze then crash when playing games...

Freeze then crash when playing games...: Hi! I've just built myself a new pc, but everytime i game, the game freezes then crashes (for the most part to desktop without an error, but sometimes also dxgi-error and again with bsod). Anthem - BF V - Metro Exodus - Total War Three Kingdoms Most recently it just shut...
  10. Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Random crashes/freezes when playing games: Hello, about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and the computer would restart (it happened when playing high requirement games mostly) . That has not happened in a long time but...