Windows 10: Random crashes on newly built PC

Discus and support Random crashes on newly built PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,I've just built a new PC, and it's crashing fairly frequently. It happens at random sometimes at sign-in, other times I can use it with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CallumS25, Oct 28, 2024 at 7:32 AM.

1. CallumS25 Win User

Random crashes on newly built PC

Hi all,I've just built a new PC, and it's crashing fairly frequently. It happens at random sometimes at sign-in, other times I can use it with no problems for an hour or two, it instantly shuts down to a black screen then restarts. It's accompanied by a kind of clicking sound that seems to be coming from the inbuilt speakers in one monitor rather than any component in the PC. I did try unplugging that monitor but the PC still crashed, just without the sound.I was initially running Windows 10. It often crashed with no error message, but I did get code 0xc0000098 a couple of times, with text

:)

2. senormora Win User

Newly built PC crashed

Hi,

I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out.

is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters.

Here's the link to the file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jYtF_a7_0142GSvS7St6WnwPNYQd2Eop

any help is appreciated

specs are:

MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max

Ryzen 5 3600

PC3600

windows 10 pro

no overclocking

3. Amr K.Aly Win User
    Newly Built PC random BSODs

I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly
    stuttering after the creative sound card driver update but I am not sure if it is related since I disabled the device and it still stuttered. I added the WhoCrashed report below, and the crash and memory dumps.

Microsoft OneDrive

Welcome to WhoCrashed (HOME EDITION) v 6.02

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-6ADCCT9

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763

Windows dir: C:\Windows

Hardware: Z370 AORUS Gaming WIFI, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z370 AORUS Gaming WIFI-CF

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-****, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites.
    Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

cthda.sys (Creative High Definition Audio Device Driver, Creative Technology Ltd)

ntdll.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often
    yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic
    general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes
    for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong
    to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you
    investigate this further.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites.
    Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

cthda.sys (Creative High Definition Audio Device Driver, Creative Technology Ltd)

ntdll.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often
    yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic
    general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes
    for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong
    to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you
    investigate this further.

4. Derek4499 Win User

Newly Built Computer Randomely Crashing

I just recently built a new computer, everything's working great except it randomly crashes every now and then, and not during times of high Cpu load or anything, but just browsing the web or anything. I can play Crysis for over an hour and it won't crash, but I can't finish extracting any of my music because it crashes no further then half way through (4 gb backups), which leads me to suspect the hardrive, which I'm running in IDE mode, should I be doing something different?

Specs:
    XFX Radeon HD 4650
    2x Ultra 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz
    Western Digital 500GB SATA Hard Drive
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.00 GHz
    Power Up! 450 Watt PS and Power Up! Case
    Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard
    HP DVD-RW CD Drive

EDIT: I realize the dumb spelling mistake in title.

Thema:

1. Random crashes on newly built PC - Similar Threads - Random crashes newly

2. Random crashes on newly built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes on newly built PC: Hi all,I've just built a new PC, and it's crashing fairly frequently. It happens at random sometimes at sign-in, other times I can use it with no problems for an hour or two, it instantly shuts down to a black screen then restarts. It's accompanied by a kind of clicking sound...
  3. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  4. Newly built pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly built pc keeps crashing: I have recently built a new pc and I had succesfully installed windows on it but aboit 30 min after into my setup my pc crashed. After it crashed it would only reboot to my bios screen an I have no option in my boot priority. I thought it was my ssd so with some researxhI...
  5. Repeated crashes on a newly built gaming PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated crashes on a newly built gaming PC: Hi all, thanks for reading! It's a bit of a doozy because I tried a few things at the advice of some more tech savvy friends and forum posts. TL;DR my newly built Windows 10 Home Gaming/Work PC started crashing repeatedly, with a shorter and shorter period between crashes...
  6. Newly built PC crashed

Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  7. newly built pc

newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  8. Newly built PC crashes continuously

Newly built PC crashes continuously: I recently built a PC with a Ryzen 7 2700 RX 590 gpu, 16 gb ram ddr4 and gigabyte b450m ds3h. As for storage I installed my old HDD (that had windows installed) and 970 EVO Plus m2 ssd. At the begining I booted form the old HDD but despite installing new drivers windows...
  9. Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing

Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing: Last week I recently built my new PC and it was working fine up until last night when I was live streaming a game of CS:GO and my PC randomly crashed during warmup. Little did I know this was just the start of it... I left my PC on throughout the night and woke up the next...
  10. Newly Built PC random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly Built PC random BSODs: I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly stuttering after the...