Windows 10: Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC

Discus and support Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since early September ive been getting bluescreens out of nowhere. Basically a noticeable pattern is, I'll turn on my controller, play a game on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Garrett M_721, Sep 23, 2024 at 5:42 AM.

1. Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC

Ever since early September ive been getting bluescreens out of nowhere. Basically a noticeable pattern is, I'll turn on my controller, play a game on Steam while watching someone on twitch or hang out in a Discord VC, exit out of the game by hitting alt + f4, and then continue hanging out in the VC before I get a BSOD all of a sudden.Ive tried every single troubleshooting thing I could think of but so far nothing is working.I do have crash dump files that I can provide so that you all can get an idea of what's going on because I'm stumped.My current PC Specs:OS: Windows 11GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080C

:)

Garrett M_721, Sep 23, 2024 at 5:42 AM
  2. tomdsr Win User

Game controller causes random BSOD

Your device list doesnt indicate any game controller. Not in driver-versions text file. What controller is it? Are you using the microsoft provided driver, a driver on a disk or ? If it was installed, i would suggest going into device manager and making sure the box in the image is unchecked. Yes its for my mouse, but same thing.
    Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC 357631d1642588877t-game-controller-causes-random-bsod-1.png

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC

BSOD at random moments

Hello dear community,

I am getting BSOD at "random moments" since 1 year. It was at a tolerable frequency like one per month. But now since one month I am getting at least 2 BSOD per day. I did everything I could to fix it myself. List of things I've already done are :

• memtest
    • chkdsk /f /r
    • sfc /scannow
    • verifier
    • Full reset of Windows
    • Verify connections of hardwares (RAM, Storage etc)
    • Update every drivers, Windows 11 (that's how I got Windows 11)
    When I say random moments it's for example I am just clicking, opening PDF File, watching video, browsing Zotero etc. However it just crashed 2 times consecutively when I tried to download a game from Epic Games. So I am suspecting my SSD even if I did all the suggested checks I found from Google.

My Laptop model is lenovo legion 5 15arh05h.

I have 5 dump files 110722-12125-01.zip. All previous ones are deleted because of the reset.

The most recurrent errors I get are irql_not_less_or_equal and page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. But I get other errors like driver_irql_not_less_or_equal.

Thank you,

ALTANGEREL Munkhtuguldur

Munkhtuguldur ALTANGEREL, Sep 23, 2024 at 5:45 AM
Thema:

Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC

1. Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC - Similar Threads - Random BSODs every

2. Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every 1 to 2 days after shutting off a game and hanging out in a Discord VC: Ever since early September ive been getting bluescreens out of nowhere. Basically a noticeable pattern is, I'll turn on my controller, play a game on Steam while watching someone on twitch or hang out in a Discord VC, exit out of the game by hitting alt + f4, and then...
  3. Windows 11 laptop randomly shutdowns 1-2 times every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop randomly shutdowns 1-2 times every day: Hi. New here.I have a Windows 11 laptop that seems to shutdown instant reboot, once or twice per day, at random times.The problem appeared about 10 days ago.I haven't got a clue what causes this, no recent changes as far as I know.However, I have a log of the windows system...
  4. Windows 11 laptop randomly shutdowns 1-2 times every day

Windows 11 laptop randomly shutdowns 1-2 times every day: Hi. New here.I have a Windows 11 laptop that seems to shutdown instant reboot, once or twice per day, at random times.The problem appeared about 10 days ago.I haven't got a clue what causes this, no recent changes as far as I know.However, I have a log of the windows system...
  5. random BSOD every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSOD every day: my laptop, MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFR. gets random BSOD once a day since last month. I tried sfc scan, dism restorehealth, chkdsk already but it did not help.Event viewer only show that dump file creation failed. so, I ran driver verifier.this is a Minidump.rar from it. Thanks in...
  6. random BSOD every day

random BSOD every day: my laptop, MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFR. gets random BSOD once a day since last month. I tried sfc scan, dism restorehealth, chkdsk already but it did not help.Event viewer only show that dump file creation failed. so, I ran driver verifier.this is a Minidump.rar from it. Thanks in...
  7. BSoDs every 1-2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoDs every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE just now and they all happened randomly. I didn't do anything before the BSoDs started happening, I've tried reinstalling...
  8. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  9. BSoD every 1-2 days.

BSoD every 1-2 days.: Hi, I've been getting lots of BSoDs recently. System was also stuttering a lot - audio and video drops. The stuttering problem seemed to have been caused by my joystick - a faulty connection I think. I've unplugged that and thought all was well until another BSoD this...
  10. Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs

Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs: Hi Microsoft Support, I'm trying to diagnose some BSODs on my own PC and I'm struggling to figure out what a root cause of this is. These crashes started happening after a few weeks ago. My PC has been fine before that for about 2 years. I have had a number of different...