Windows 10: RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

Discus and support RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have this issue: when I'm looking in my task manager and my system info I see that I have 8 Go of RAM and 7.88Go usable but when I'm looking in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joannes Murigneux, Jul 12, 2022.

1. RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

Hi,I have this issue: when I'm looking in my task manager and my system info I see that I have 8 Go of RAM and 7.88Go usable but when I'm looking in the processus tab and do the maths I find that the system only use 3.5Go. I have for exemple 860 Mo used in memory when I display as values and when I display as percentages it's 28% and I find that 0.860/3.5=28% so 3.5 Go is the value used. I put all the related images after the explainationsIt's causing me issues because I have firefox or others softwares that crash when I reach 80% of RAM usage, it's very limiting my usage of the computer.Thi

:)

Joannes Murigneux, Jul 12, 2022

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 12, 2022
  3. kim32 Win User
    ram usage seems limited

i'd just fresh install win10 pro 64bit and my only 3.21gb of ram usable out of 8gb..
    im using windows 8 before and not having this problem.
    im using asus x550d
    Processor AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    win Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240

RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable [​IMG]

RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable [​IMG]

anyone have solution?

kim32, Jul 12, 2022
  4. kressnik Win User

RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

Usable RAM

The RAM is recognized. In BIOS it shows exact amount installed, Windows also shows exact amount installed but limits usable RAM.

kressnik, Jul 12, 2022
Thema:

RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

1. RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable - Similar Threads - RAM usage limited

2. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usable Ram: I have Windows 11 download with a 64-bit operating system and a x64-based processor but when I check my ram it says I have 8GB of ram but 7.98 usable! Does any know how to get my 7.98 GB of ram back?...
  3. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usable Ram: I have Windows 11 download with a 64-bit operating system and a x64-based processor but when I check my ram it says I have 8GB of ram but 7.98 usable! Does any know how to get my 7.98 GB of ram back?...
  4. RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable: Hi,I have this issue: when I'm looking in my task manager and my system info I see that I have 8 Go of RAM and 7.88Go usable but when I'm looking in the processus tab and do the maths I find that the system only use 3.5Go. I have for exemple 860 Mo used in memory when I...
  5. RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable: Hi,I have this issue: when I'm looking in my task manager and my system info I see that I have 8 Go of RAM and 7.88Go usable but when I'm looking in the processus tab and do the maths I find that the system only use 3.5Go. I have for exemple 860 Mo used in memory when I...
  6. Usable Ram

Usable Ram: I have 4GB installed on my pc and it says 3.5GB usable only, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/7ed6d799-244f-4e07-a295-e364185167d4
  7. Limited RAM Usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limited RAM Usable: Hi! This is my very first question on Microsoft Community. I am having a RAM issue on my laptop, and cannot find a solution. I have 3 gigabytes of RAM installed, but the System tab in Settings says: 3.00 GB installed 2.47 GB usable Does anyone know how to fix this? I've...
  8. Usable RAM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usable RAM.: Hello, I have 4 GB of RAM installed in my computer. But it shows that only 3.7 is usable. Please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/58afd9d1-86a8-4fe7-bcbd-5431b825ab37
  9. CPU usage limited to 25% when plugged in (must unplug for PC to be usable!)

CPU usage limited to 25% when plugged in (must unplug for PC to be usable!): For a few days now I've noticed that my PC (Microsoft Surface Go) was sometimes very very slow and sometimes fine... Today it was so absurdly slow that I actually investigated and my CPU usage was limited to 25%...!?? (each core/thread can only do 25%). What's worse...
  10. ram usage seems limited

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ram usage seems limited: i'd just fresh install win10 pro 64bit and my only 3.21gb of ram usable out of 8gb.. im using windows 8 before and not having this problem. im using asus x550d Processor AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) win...