Windows 10: Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

Discus and support Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew Bishop SA, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and releasing the click to select the menu item.This means I can for example quickly open a link in a new tab without two clicks - I right click and hold, move the cursor to "Open in new tab", and release - which then opens the link in a new tab. This is just one example of this. Currently, right clicking and holding does not bring up

:)

Matthew Bishop SA, Oct 28, 2023
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Windows File Explorer right click menu is selecting files through the menu

In Windows 11 File Explorer, if I select a file and right click it to choose something from the dropdown list, like copy, instead of selecting the menu item, it selects the file underneath the menu item. It's basically clicking through the dropdown list. I have to right click off to the side so that my cursor is over the preview pane and not over a file below the command (copy or whatever) or use keyboard shortcuts. How do I stop this?

john laughlin, Oct 28, 2023
  4. dhoshaw Win User

Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Oct 28, 2023
Thema:

Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

1. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu - Similar Threads - Quickly Select Item

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click: Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I...
  4. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click: Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I...
  5. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer: When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access" - When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click...
  6. Change right-click menu selection color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  7. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  8. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  9. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...