Windows 10: Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

Discus and support Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BlakeHofland, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input it.Then when the user click share the field becomes grey and blocked out. We look forward to hearing form you,RegardsBlake H

:)

BlakeHofland, Feb 3, 2022

2. Quick Assist admin mode

Is there a way to turn on admin mode when connecting to a remote user that does not have admin rights?

The person supplying the assistance should be able to turn on admin rights to correct/assist issues.

I've tried the GPO suggestions to no avail.

Leo Faucher, Feb 3, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 3, 2022
  4. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

Quick Assist admin mode

Hi my name is Ross, I'm an independent advisor. I'd be happy to help with your issue.

Unfortunately not, as quick assist connects to the currently logged in users, your only option at that point is to run commands as an administrator and just ended admin credentials.

Regards,

Ross

rossmcbain, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

1. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User. - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Connecting

2. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  3. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  4. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.: Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input it.Then when the user click share the field becomes grey and blocked out. We look forward to hearing form you,RegardsBlake H...
  6. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.: Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input it.Then when the user click share the field becomes grey and blocked out. We look forward to hearing form you,RegardsBlake H...
  7. Quick assist and admin right for clients

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick assist and admin right for clients: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 5-15 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I am encountering a problem. All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  8. Quick assist and admin right for clients

Quick assist and admin right for clients: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 5-15 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I am encountering a problem. All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  9. Quick Assist admin mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist admin mode: Is there a way to turn on admin mode when connecting to a remote user that does not have admin rights? The person supplying the assistance should be able to turn on admin rights to correct/assist issues. I've tried the GPO suggestions to no avail....
  10. Quick assist or MSRA multiple users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick assist or MSRA multiple users: Hello, I have issue with connecting more than one people with these services, is there any solution exist that I can’t find to make my desktop to be remotely connected for two people? As for now only one person can remotely connect to my desktop and watch what I explaining....