Windows 10: Question about program icons in Win11

Discus and support Question about program icons in Win11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zalek Bloom, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Question about program icons in Win11

On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second user see the correct icon of MS Edge, notepad, Whatsup, VS Code, Paint but Chrome, Agent, program which I wrote, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio show the same generic icon.My question: how to restore for a 2nd user correct icons? Thanks,zalekbloom

:)

Zalek Bloom, Jan 6, 2023
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Jan 6, 2023
  3. ClarkRW Win User
    Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. (see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail icon)

I've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help, including:

• Install all updates from both Microsoft and Lenovo
    • deleting the app and re-adding it
    • deleting the Iris Service key
    • deleting the icon cache
    • restarting explorer like a dozen times in a row
    Lenovo Legion Slim 9 running up-to-date Win11.

Question about program icons in Win11 e2aee801-ce8c-4544-8124-4c60b516d6a9?upload=true.png

ClarkRW, Jan 6, 2023
  4. Question about program icons in Win11

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 6, 2023
Thema:

Question about program icons in Win11

1. Question about program icons in Win11 - Similar Threads - Question program icons

2. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  3. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  4. Question about program icons in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about program icons in Win11: On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second...
  5. Question about a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about a program: I was looking through microsoft and different things about a pc and I came across a program called Winaero. Do any of you know if that is a safe and legit program to download and use? Thanks in advance...
  6. question about a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about a program: Does anyone know for sure if i am using vpn or proxy servers on one computer and not the other could a 3rd party know they were linked because of this app. i was playing a game and igot banned for using an autoclicker so i played by hand and gotbanned again turns out they ban...
  7. Question about a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about a program: I just want to know if www.ammyy.com is reliable or not when transferring data from one computer to another and keep a copy of the files at the company that manufactured the software...
  8. questions about icons

in Windows 10 Support
    questions about icons: Hi. I have two different windows 10 systems, and they display the icons in the right pane in different way. I cant find how to change them to be alike (I prefer just the icon instead the folder with the small icon) Any suggestion? Thanks 118226
  9. Question about an icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about an icon: You know that little Windows Defender Icon in the right hand corner of your toolbar? Mine keeps having that little yellow triangle next it it that says "Actions Recommended" rather than the green window to indicate everything is OK. Yet when I click on it everything seems to...
  10. Question about old programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about old programs.: Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook...