Windows 10: Question about installed programs

Discus and support Question about installed programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Okbigproblemwithsound, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Question about installed programs

So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere accessible from my home windows icon or my search button, like i used to do in windows 10 and find the exe there. Now, i went and i right clicked the start button, went to settings and went to apps, found the installed program aida 64 but guess what, there is no frisking way to run it from there.I decided to search in my program fi

:)

Okbigproblemwithsound, Feb 18, 2024

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 18, 2024
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 18, 2024
  4. Question about installed programs

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 18, 2024
Thema:

Question about installed programs

1. Question about installed programs - Similar Threads - Question installed programs

2. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  3. Question about program icons in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about program icons in Win11: On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second...
  4. Question about program icons in Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about program icons in Win11: On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second...
  5. Question about a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about a program: I was looking through microsoft and different things about a pc and I came across a program called Winaero. Do any of you know if that is a safe and legit program to download and use? Thanks in advance...
  6. question about a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about a program: Does anyone know for sure if i am using vpn or proxy servers on one computer and not the other could a 3rd party know they were linked because of this app. i was playing a game and igot banned for using an autoclicker so i played by hand and gotbanned again turns out they ban...
  7. Question about a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about a program: I just want to know if www.ammyy.com is reliable or not when transferring data from one computer to another and keep a copy of the files at the company that manufactured the software...
  8. Question About Installing v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About Installing v1903: Hello, I just received the "featured update to Win 10, Version 1903" in my Windows Update with the option to download and install. I did not use the manual search for any updates as it was sent while my computer checked for updates while I was doing something else. My...
  9. Question about install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about install: I have the Windows 10 ISO on DVD ready to clean install. I have never upgraded or did a clean install as of yet. I am now running Windows 7 SP1. I read that I can now use my Windows 7 key to clean install 10. But what I want to do is upgrade my PC first with a new motherboard...
  10. Question about old programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about old programs.: Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook...