Windows 10: Question about bitlocker

Discus and support Question about bitlocker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Did Microsoft turn on bitlocker on personal laptops? I helped a student connect to eduoam by installing the eduroam cat client and she wanted to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike122, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Mike122 Win User

Question about bitlocker

Did Microsoft turn on bitlocker on personal laptops? I helped a student connect to eduoam by installing the eduroam cat client and she wanted to use outlook desktop app to connect to her school email. We had to reboot and bitlocker key came up. Luckily she registered her Gmail account in windows 10 so she could obtain the bitlocker key from aka.ms/getmyrecoverykey. Dodged a bullet today. Is bitlocker still only included in the pro or is it included in the home edition? Does it depend on the oem say Dell or HP also or Lenovo?

:)

Mike122, Aug 31, 2022

2. Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Question about bitlocker [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

Question about bitlocker [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Aug 31, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 31, 2022
  4. Question about bitlocker

Bitlocker Questions

Brink thanks. Looking at the steps, 1st step is not necessary right? I think last time i didn't do anything to this but is 256 bit much better than 128 bit?

Since i want TPM with pin... i do step 4 right?

I have TPM 1.2 when checking my laptop.

paulyjustin, Aug 31, 2022
Thema:

Question about bitlocker

1. Question about bitlocker - Similar Threads - Question bitlocker

2. question about cloud reinstall and bitlocker keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about cloud reinstall and bitlocker keys: i reset my pc last year and reinstalled windows 11 using cloud , this time there is no option for cloud , it gets set to option local reinstall by default .how to do a reinstall by cloud ?also i have many bitlocker keys , can someone explains in simple terms what is it and...
  3. question about cloud reinstall and bitlocker keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about cloud reinstall and bitlocker keys: i reset my pc last year and reinstalled windows 11 using cloud , this time there is no option for cloud , it gets set to option local reinstall by default .how to do a reinstall by cloud ?also i have many bitlocker keys , can someone explains in simple terms what is it and...
  4. Bitlocker and Windows boot question?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker and Windows boot question?: This https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEVO1EYI had a catastrophic Bitlocker crash on my old SSD. So, I have a new SSD plugged in. Would this crash still give me problems booting into Windows? - because I can't boot anymore....
  5. Bitlocker and Windows boot question?

Bitlocker and Windows boot question?: This https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEVO1EYI had a catastrophic Bitlocker crash on my old SSD. So, I have a new SSD plugged in. Would this crash still give me problems booting into Windows? - because I can't boot anymore....
  6. BitLocker question.. windows won’t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker question.. windows won’t open: BitLocker question. My computer will not even open up the windows when hit the key. Also when I go to reset on the bitlocker screen it just goes to another screen the pops me back out to the previous. My question is does anyone know if it’s possible to save my word documents...
  7. BitLocker question.. windows won’t open

BitLocker question.. windows won’t open: BitLocker question. My computer will not even open up the windows when hit the key. Also when I go to reset on the bitlocker screen it just goes to another screen the pops me back out to the previous. My question is does anyone know if it’s possible to save my word documents...
  8. BitLocker question.. windows won’t open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Question:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Question:: Hello,After logging into my Microsoft account to retrieve my recovery key, I noticed that the device I am locked out of is not listed correctly. Instead, I found a recovery key for a different device, not the one that is locked out. Please assist me with this issue.Thank you....
  10. Bitlocker Recovery Question:

Bitlocker Recovery Question:: Hello,After logging into my Microsoft account to retrieve my recovery key, I noticed that the device I am locked out of is not listed correctly. Instead, I found a recovery key for a different device, not the one that is locked out. Please assist me with this issue.Thank you....