Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop

Discus and support Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have purchased a new ASUS ROG laptop that originally came with Windows 11. I upgraded the drive to a 2TB NVMe SSD, reinstalled Windows 11 then signed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BryanG72, Jun 29, 2023.

1. BryanG72 Win User

Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop

I have purchased a new ASUS ROG laptop that originally came with Windows 11. I upgraded the drive to a 2TB NVMe SSD, reinstalled Windows 11 then signed in with my Microsoft account. I recently tried to join it to a domain and found out that my activated copy of Windows 11 is the Home version for some reason.Back in February 2019, I purchased a Win 10/11 Professional digital license under the Microsoft account I use on my new laptop. Why wouldn't the professional license transfer to the new laptop? When I check my order history to see if there's a product key I can enter, I can see the order,

:)

BryanG72, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Evan Pax Win User

Transfer digital license to new laptop

Hi,

I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?

Thank you!!

Evan Pax, Jun 29, 2023
  3. 國辉陈 Win User
    How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?

I have a tablet that come with Windows 10 OEM home edition,

and i purchased Windows 10 Pro digital license and upgraded this tablet to Pro.

I bought a new laptop recently and the OEM come with Windows 11 home edition,

I have tried to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to this new laptop but failed.

I Have unlinked/deactivated the tablet from my Microsoft account and store as well,

It just can't verify my Windows Pro product key when entering the key during the activation.

Now the microsoft store on my old tablet is grayed out,

and it is no more in my devices list of my Microsoft account,

What should I do?

國辉陈, Jun 29, 2023
  4. JT G3212 Win User

Windows can't find digital license to activate/transfer on new computer. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro.

Hello,

I am having trouble transferring my Windows 10 Pro license from an old computer that is barely working to my new computer I have built. The Windows 10 Pro license is a retail license purchased from Microsoft. My new computer is running Windows 11 Pro. Both computers show in my devices list on my account.

Do I need to do anything else to deactivate the other license on the old computer? Original Windows 10 Pro license was purchased in 2018.

Thank you for any help!

JT G3212, Jun 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop - Similar Threads - Purchased Pro license

2. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  4. Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop: I have purchased a new ASUS ROG laptop that originally came with Windows 11. I upgraded the drive to a 2TB NVMe SSD, reinstalled Windows 11 then signed in with my Microsoft account. I recently tried to join it to a domain and found out that my activated copy of Windows 11 is...
  5. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  6. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  7. How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?: I have a tablet that come with Windows 10 OEM home edition,and i purchased Windows 10 Pro digital license and upgraded this tablet to Pro.I bought a new laptop recently and the OEM come with Windows 11 home edition,I have tried to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to this...
  8. How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?

How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?: I have a tablet that come with Windows 10 OEM home edition,and i purchased Windows 10 Pro digital license and upgraded this tablet to Pro.I bought a new laptop recently and the OEM come with Windows 11 home edition,I have tried to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to this...
  9. How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.: Context:1 I bought a windows 8 digital license a few years ago. Directly from Microsoft.In the Microsoft page orders history, as of today, I can permanently see the product key.2 A few years later 2018, I bought a Windows 10 Pro "Upgrade" - digital license. Also directly from...