Windows 10: Protection History Crashing

Discus and support Protection History Crashing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when entering the protection history, the windows security program just crashes to the desktop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Danielo Sweet, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Protection History Crashing

when entering the protection history, the windows security program just crashes to the desktop

:)

Danielo Sweet, Jun 30, 2024
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Jun 30, 2024
  3. Protection History Keeps Crashing

My Window's Defender keeps crashing every time I open up my Protection history, I did these steps and it didn't fix it.

Open Settings > update and security > windows security > virus and threat protection.
    Click manage settings.

Kindly turn off Real-time Protection and Cloud-delivered Protection.
    Close settings.

Kindly navigate this path:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

Remove everything that is inside that folder.

Once remove, turn on Real-time Protection and Cloud-delivered Protection again.

Elijah Jamora, Jun 30, 2024
  4. Majulook Win User

Protection History Crashing

Windows Defender Protection History - Unable to remove threat entry  

In another thread....

Majulook, Jun 30, 2024
Thema:

Protection History Crashing

1. Protection History Crashing - Similar Threads - Protection History Crashing

2. Protection History Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History Crashing: when entering the protection history, the windows security program just crashes to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashing/0949d1a6-a2d8-4131-8753-03e24f5a3c1a
  3. Protection History Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection History Crashing: when entering the protection history, the windows security program just crashes to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashing/0949d1a6-a2d8-4131-8753-03e24f5a3c1a
  4. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crashes: Everytime I launches protection history it always crashes. Even if I click pop out view or change it. When I click it it show I don't have history then force quit automatically. I have the latest version of windows. Why this is happening? What to do?...
  5. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection history crashes: Every time I launch protection history, it crashes even if I click the pop-up to view or change it. When I click on it, it shows that I have no history, then force closes to the desktop. I am on the latest version of windows, and I'm on the latest Virus & threat protection....
  6. Protection history crashes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection history crashes: Every time I launch protection history, it crashes even if I click the pop-up to view or change it. When I click on it, it shows that I have no history, then force closes to the desktop. I am on the latest version of windows, and I'm on the latest Virus & threat protection....
  7. Protection History crash

Protection History crash: So, I'm using windows 10 Pro. Windows defender detected a virus. But when I open protection settings on windows defender UI it just crashes after a few seconds. I've tried fixes I saw online including deleting history scans and updating windows, but none of them worked. I'm...
  8. Protection History Crashing

Protection History Crashing: The title says it all. I've found numerous articles on the Internet with this very issue. A file gets blocked from accessing a protected folder, you click the notification, and the Protection History pops up. You can then click the blocked apps and choose whether to allow or...
  9. Protection history Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protection history Crash: I scanned a pen-drive which had many folders infected by worm i.e all folders were in the form of .scr file. I scanned using windows defender and accidently I took the action and the folders infected were removed. So I thought to restore the folders. But as soon as I click...
  10. Protection History Crash

Protection History Crash: https://aka.ms/AA63nd4 I downloaded some keylogger samples and WD successfully block all files. But, windows security crashing if i try open protection history. There is no 'reinstall WD' or 'clear protection history' button. https://youtu.be/4ljxz1zUcYA...