Windows 10: ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware

Discus and support ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, but I've been noticing a lot of strange things on my PC and it has gotten worse over the past 5 days or so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nug712, Oct 21, 2024 at 6:42 PM.

1. Nug712 Win User

ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware

I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, but I've been noticing a lot of strange things on my PC and it has gotten worse over the past 5 days or so. Programs are appearing on my recent list that I didn't download recently. I have even uninstalled some but they show back up within 24 hours. I calibrated and had a monitor calibration file for my main monitorand possible my other monitor, but that has reverted to the default profile. I had Disabled Nahimic Audio Drivers a couple years ago and was only using the Realtek or Nvidia HD Audio drivers, but started seeing Nahimic again in the past few

:)

2. hput3 Win User

How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically

A kind of malware has somehow gotten onto my win 10 PC. What I get is a small advertisment that pops up in the bottom right on my desktop... When I turn it off (clicking the corner X). It comes back again some time later but with different content.

I haven't timed it but seems lake maybe a 1/2 hr.

I've googled extensively but all the instructions I've found, tell you to use the windows uninstaller to uninstall softonic. And maybe some manual clean up after the uninstall. But there is nothing installed with `softonic' in its name and even when the ad is running there is no process running with softonic in its name.

All the google hits appear to assume the windows uninstaller will know about softonic. Even the manual parts of some of the hits appear to assume you have been successful in unintalling it.

The instructions also suggest several free malware removal products and claim any of them will remove it.
    `Zema Anti-malware', `MalwareBytes' and `AdwCleaner'

I tried all those listed in one of the instruction sets, ran the scan but none of them found whatever is running the little softonic pop up ad.

This type of malware apparently falls into a category called a `PUP'.

I never found in the google hits what expected would be there somewhere. A list of steps to remove something like this by hand.

Can anyone here advise me?

3. hld2 Win User
    List all file folders, followed by subfolders and files in them was in Windows 7. Is it possible to get this list in Win 10

List all file folders, followed by subfolders and files in them was in Windows 7. Is it possible to get this list in Win 10 in the same order?

4. ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware

win 11 File Explorer This PC folders disappeared

win 11: File Explorer Documents Music Pictures Video folders under This PC disappeared

Rebooting, Resetting PC did not fix

Thema:

ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware

1. ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware - Similar Threads - ProgramFilesx86 folder x64

2. ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ProgramFilesx86 folder on Win 11 x64 PC, wierd files appearing, Possible Malware: I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, but I've been noticing a lot of strange things on my PC and it has gotten worse over the past 5 days or so. Programs are appearing on my recent list that I didn't download recently. I have even uninstalled some but they show back up...
  3. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: Recently a computer vendor installed a MS WINDOWS 11 and since then, my PC isn't under my control. It feels like someone else is also using it. After it was installed Microsoft Defender is not accessible/ not available. And there's a strange folder in one of my local disks....
  4. Wierdly named folders appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wierdly named folders appeared: Somehow my work OneDrive got linked on my personal PC and I was trying to remove it so my desktop would stop syncing with work. I removed the OneDrive app and logged out of work and tried to delete the OneDrive work folder but it keeps reappearing. Somehow after doing that I...
  5. Wierdly named folders appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wierdly named folders appeared: Somehow my work OneDrive got linked on my personal PC and I was trying to remove it so my desktop would stop syncing with work. I removed the OneDrive app and logged out of work and tried to delete the OneDrive work folder but it keeps reappearing. Somehow after doing that I...
  6. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: I was trying to enable Core Isolation on my Windows 11 machine. I get an error about incompatible drivers. When I check, its a file named toupcam.sys.I checked it with Defender, it says no threat was found.I checked it on virus total and it flagged it as malicious, by a...
  7. Possible Malware

Possible Malware: I was trying to enable Core Isolation on my Windows 11 machine. I get an error about incompatible drivers. When I check, its a file named toupcam.sys.I checked it with Defender, it says no threat was found.I checked it on virus total and it flagged it as malicious, by a...
  8. Possible malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible malware?: So I don't really know anything but I think there might be a malware in this computer that windows defender cannot detect.My drivers work perfectly fine but today they were kind of off and glitchy. And then I got a warning and shut off the driver. After a while it turned on ,...
  9. Possible malware?

Possible malware?: So I don't really know anything but I think there might be a malware in this computer that windows defender cannot detect.My drivers work perfectly fine but today they were kind of off and glitchy. And then I got a warning and shut off the driver. After a while it turned on ,...
  10. Possible malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible malware: Hello, I am completely freaking out and was hoping for some expert advice. I was going to download something from the internet through mega, but without realising it I was redirected to another site which made me download an exe file not my best day. As I proceed and thought...