Windows 10: Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???

Discus and support Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-list-has-been-deleted-how-can-i-recover-it/be97ee69-a140-413a-8819-d8af1e0393dd Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Satendra Kumar1, Sep 24, 2024 at 2:58 AM.

1. Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???

Please help

:)

Satendra Kumar1, Sep 24, 2024 at 2:58 AM
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CProfile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available??? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CProfile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available??? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

AndreTen - I have tried Disk Cleanup but unfortunately the problem entries did not go away.
    I feel certain Bree (VIP Member) has identified the correct cause of this problem as above and his adviced solution should also do the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Bree - Thank you. I must admit that I did use 'Create system image' a few times in 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' instead of 'Backup now' and these ghost entries relate to those actions. You have rightly identified the cause of this issue.
    It is crazy that Microsoft has put two different backup options causing the issue of these ghost restore points.

Regarding your advice on how to rectify the issue - I must add that I am not very computer savvy and feel reluctant to use Diskpart utility etc to delete 'WindowsImageBackup\SPPMetadataCache' and 'WindowsImageBackup\Catalog folders' from within 'System Volume Information' folder with command Prompt as I fear damaging the pc by making any mistakes, as I have never done this before.

Please advice if there may be another simpler method to delete the above folders OR if you are able and have time to post a step by step instructions (with pictures if possible) on how to follow your advice. Much appreciated.

4. Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???

System Restore Point Questions

Thanks, Dave!

Suppose I go back to an earlier version of C: with the desired restore point, restore from it and create a restore point on D:, then reload the current C:. Will I be able to restore from that restore point on D:?

Step by step:

1. Enable Restore for D:
    2. Back up the C: drive with Acronis.
    3. Restore C: to an earlier date with the desired restore point, from the Acronis backup image.
    4. Restore the system from the desired restore point.
    5. See if Restore is still enabled for D:. If not, enable it there, with the same capacity as in step 1.
    6. Disable Restore for C:.
    7. Create a restore point. Since there's no availability on C:, it should be created on D:, and be identical to the desired restore point.
    8. Now put C: back to the current version using the backup created in step 2.

Will the system now recognize that restore point on D: and let me restore from it?

(Edited to add the explanation, and step 4.)

Workaround Walt, Sep 24, 2024 at 3:09 AM
Thema:

Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???

1. Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available??? - Similar Threads - Profile list has

2. Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-list-has-been-deleted-how-can-i-recover-it/be97ee69-a140-413a-8819-d8af1e0393dd
  3. Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Profile list has been deleted how can I recover it If system restore point is not available???: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-list-has-been-deleted-how-can-i-recover-it/be97ee69-a140-413a-8819-d8af1e0393dd
  4. Can I recover deleted restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover deleted restore points?: Hi all,I am trying to restore my Win11 PC to two weeks ago, but I only have two system restore points available, and they are both too recent. I know Windows deletes old restore points to make room for new ones. But is there any possible way to recover some of those old...
  5. Can I recover deleted restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I recover deleted restore points?: Hi all,I am trying to restore my Win11 PC to two weeks ago, but I only have two system restore points available, and they are both too recent. I know Windows deletes old restore points to make room for new ones. But is there any possible way to recover some of those old...
  6. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  7. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  8. How can I change restore point in system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I change restore point in system restore?: In system restore I have tried the displayed "automatic restore point" twice with no success. How do I select a different restore point?...
  9. System restore point has not been created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore point has not been created: computer is not working correctly so I attempted system restore but error message says there is no restore point created on MS10? How can I resolve this...
  10. See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows: How to: See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows How to See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't...