Windows 10: Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

Discus and support Problems with Wifi USB Adapter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ludovico Latini, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very slow. I shot a video about this problem here. In order to understand the problem:I have done the same speedtest to another pc with my usb adapter and the problem does not occur so the problem is not the usb adapter.I tried the same speedtest in my pc with a usb adopter that works perfectly in another pc and the problem occurs so the problem is my Pc.I update the OS Windows 10 and I download the last Tp link drivers from their site and the pr

:)

Ludovico Latini, Jul 3, 2023

2. Recommendation for WiFi usb / card

If you have a desktop computer I would STRONGLY suggest a PCIe adapter rather than a USB adapter if you go with WiFi 6. The only USB WiFi adapters that I have seen thus far use a Realtek chipset which is reported to have some serious flaws. In my own personal experience, I have tried 2 of these and returned both, getting performance worse than other WiFi 5 adapters and constant disconnects even 10 feet from my WiFi router.

If you go with a USB adapter, I would suggest a quality WiFi 5 adapter.

One more note: Should you decide to go with a WiFi 6 PCIe adapter, I would suggest a WiFi 6e model. They actually cost no more, and they are one step up just in case you ever go to a WiFi 6e router.

hsehestedt, Jul 3, 2023
  3. Zontir Win User
    Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Jul 3, 2023
  4. CyberZeus Win User

Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

Connection drops with USB Wifi adapter

Hi everyone,
    since my laptop if far from my NetGear access point, I bought an external USB Wifi Adapter with antenna and it reaches very well my AP. Ookla Speedtest says the same speed as the wire connected devices.
    The problem is when the download speed reaches its maximum rate (about 9 / 9.5 MB/s): the adapter stops downloading, ping to the router fails and the wifi icon on the tasktray turns into the world icon (no connection). I have to unplug the USB adapter and replug it or disconnect the wifi connection and reconnect it to have it working again.
    If i take my laptop near the AP and use the internal Wifi connection, it doesn't happen, it never disconnects.
    I made a try with another laptop and the problem is the same.
    I think the problem is the wifi adapter, I already sent back it to Amazon and bought another one, with no luck.
    The chipset of the USB adapter is Realtek 8812BU.
    My Windows version is Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (build SO 19044.1415).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

CyberZeus, Jul 3, 2023
Thema:

Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

1. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter - Similar Threads - Problems Wifi USB

2. Problem with New WiFi USB Adapter for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with New WiFi USB Adapter for Windows 11: Good day,I have 2 PCs running Windows 11 a Dell mini Optiplex and an ASUS All-in-One and purchased 2 identical Wireless USB plus Bluetooth 5.0 Adapters from Amazon. They don't show their brand or have any other identifiers or manufacturer contact information. Herewith...
  3. Problem with New WiFi USB Adapter for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with New WiFi USB Adapter for Windows 11: Good day,I have 2 PCs running Windows 11 a Dell mini Optiplex and an ASUS All-in-One and purchased 2 identical Wireless USB plus Bluetooth 5.0 Adapters from Amazon. They don't show their brand or have any other identifiers or manufacturer contact information. Herewith...
  4. Wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter problem: I am unable to connect any wifi network when i perform troubleshooter it doesn't give any fix. When.i go to device manager and expand the network adapter. A error symbol is showing on my wifi adapter. When i try to update driver it says windows encountered an error white...
  5. Wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter problem: I am unable to connect any wifi network when i perform troubleshooter it doesn't give any fix. When.i go to device manager and expand the network adapter. A error symbol is showing on my wifi adapter. When i try to update driver it says windows encountered an error white...
  6. Wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Wifi USB Adapter: Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very slow. I shot a video about this problem here. In order to understand the problem:I have done the same speedtest to another pc...
  8. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

Problems with Wifi USB Adapter: Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very slow. I shot a video about this problem here. In order to understand the problem:I have done the same speedtest to another pc...
  9. Wifi Adapter Problem

Wifi Adapter Problem: Hi so I recently got a Realtek 8812BU wifi adapter and I'm having troubles connecting with the 5ghz wifi. The 2.4ghz is working fine but whenever I connect to the 5ghz it disconnects while I'm downloading something or speed testing it....
  10. Wifi Adapter Problem

Wifi Adapter Problem: My laptop is a lenovo yoga 730 13IKB. A couple of days ago, it stopped connecting to wireless internet, so I am on able to use the ethernet cable (with an attachment) to use the internet. I tried clicking the troubleshoot button and it said "there might be a problen with...