Windows 10: Problems with my Wifi in my computer

Discus and support Problems with my Wifi in my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I'm having problems with my Wi-Fi because my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting by itself and its saying no internet but its connected and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RouisOng, Jul 24, 2024.

1. RouisOng Win User

Problems with my Wifi in my computer

Hi Microsoft, I'm having problems with my Wi-Fi because my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting by itself and its saying no internet but its connected and it is saying, "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration" and I don't know that it means so can you tell me any suggestions thanks

:)

RouisOng, Jul 24, 2024
  2. Puppy_Dog Win User

Wifi problem

To setup a WiFi network you need:

• a WiFi router, and
    • a WiFi network adapter for your computer.
    Windows will probably install a driver for your computer's WiFi network adapter automatically. If it doesn't, no worries, download the driver from the WiFi adapter manufacturer's website. Once the driver has been installed, you're on to the next step.

Find the owner's guide for your WiFi router. It begins by showing you how to correctly setup a WiFi network. You'll have step-by-step instructions.

After you re-start your router, restart your computer. (I'm actually not sure if you need to restart your computer, but I'm superstitious. )

Now right-click on the little WiFi icon on the right side of your taskbar, choose the network name that you chose when you setup your network, and enter the network password that you chose when you setup your network. You're all done!

Puppy_Dog, Jul 24, 2024
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jul 24, 2024
  4. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Jul 24, 2024
Thema:

1. Problems with my Wifi in my computer - Similar Threads - Problems Wifi computer

2. Wifi problem on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi problem on my PC: So I have been trying to fix this wifi problem with my PC, I have connected to my network before, however at certain times of the day random, it disconnects and I can't find the network in the list, I can see every other wifi in the neighbourhood, and important to note that...
  3. Wifi problem on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem on my PC: So I have been trying to fix this wifi problem with my PC, I have connected to my network before, however at certain times of the day random, it disconnects and I can't find the network in the list, I can see every other wifi in the neighbourhood, and important to note that...
  4. Wifi problem on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There is no wifi option in my computer

There is no wifi option in my computer: There is no wifi option in my computer ND when I try to access the windows bios 3/4 of the screen is black.The main screen is fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-wifi-option-in-my-computer/b1340e85-397a-40c9-9859-629f78bb8ccf
  6. my laptop wifi problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop wifi problem: When I open the laptop it connects normally to the WiFi but after I open an app on the laptop the wifi suddenly disconnects and when I try to connect it back it says can't connect to this network then after some time it stops detecting networks all in all to fix this I just...
  7. my laptop wifi problem

my laptop wifi problem: When I open the laptop it connects normally to the WiFi but after I open an app on the laptop the wifi suddenly disconnects and when I try to connect it back it says can't connect to this network then after some time it stops detecting networks all in all to fix this I just...
  8. my laptop wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Problem with my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with my Wifi adapter: Hello, i am exprecing a problem with my wifi it keeps disconnecting and then i can't seem to find it at all in the Network list, the problem doesn't seem to be in the modem since my phone and another laptop can connect to the wifi normally, also the light indicator of...
  10. Problems connecting to my WiFi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems connecting to my WiFi.: Yesterday, I couldn’t connect to my WiFi because of the access point.My Mac is bootcamped and I switched to macOS and I could connect with no problem. Checked my iPhone and it was could connect. What is the issue? How can I fix this? Edit: Oh another thing. I could connect...