Windows 10: Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a refurbished HP ProBook 640 G5 laptop from Woot.com. It came with Windows 10. I would like to upgrade it to Windows 11, but I am having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Vieira, Jul 1, 2024 at 4:37 PM.

1. Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop

I purchased a refurbished HP ProBook 640 G5 laptop from Woot.com. It came with Windows 10. I would like to upgrade it to Windows 11, but I am having problems. First, I have problems updating the current OS. When I go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update, I get a blank window with scrolling dots, and it can take several minutes for text to appear. When I click the "Check for updates" button, sometimes nothing happens for a minute, then it checks for updates but takes about 20 more minutes to find them. Checking for updates on this computer takes considerably longer

:)

Andrew Vieira, Jul 1, 2024 at 4:37 PM
  2. kmax68 Win User

Refurbished Laptop with Windows 10 - Zwift won't launch

Hi,

I have a laptop which has been refurbished with Windows 10 as operating system. I'm unable to launch "zwift" software even though laptop meets specification requirements for using zwift. I have updated drivers, checked for windows updates and cleared all
    cookies/ temp internet files. One test suggest there is a compatibility issue - any suggestions please.

3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

4. Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop

How to Downgrade Refurbished HP Laptop with Windows 11 to Windows 10?

I bought a refurbished HP laptop because I had to send my new HP laptop back for repair. The refurbished laptop has Windows 11 and I can't see that it upgraded from Windows 10 (I used Belarc Advisor). I want to downgrade it to Windows 10.

I went to HP which has the refurbished laptop listed as Windows 10. It doesn't even allow me to choose Windows 11 as its OS.

My question is that if I wipe the hard drive and install Windows 10, do I use the Windows key from Windows 11 or should I do something else? I do have Windows 10 on my new laptop that I sent for repair.

Thema:

Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop

1. Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Problems updating refurbished

2. Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop: I purchased a refurbished HP ProBook 640 G5 laptop from Woot.com. It came with Windows 10. I would like to upgrade it to Windows 11, but I am having problems. First, I have problems updating the current OS. When I go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update, I get a...
  3. Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems updating a refurbished Windows 10 laptop: I purchased a refurbished HP ProBook 640 G5 laptop from Woot.com. It came with Windows 10. I would like to upgrade it to Windows 11, but I am having problems. First, I have problems updating the current OS. When I go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update, I get a...
  4. Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop: Hi,I have recently purchased a used laptop. When purchasing it, the seller reset it but I did not realize that it had Windows 10 Education installed on it. Then it asked to be activated which I could not do because I do not have a product key. This was a bit odd to me as I am...
  5. Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop: Hi,I have recently purchased a used laptop. When purchasing it, the seller reset it but I did not realize that it had Windows 10 Education installed on it. Then it asked to be activated which I could not do because I do not have a product key. This was a bit odd to me as I am...
  6. Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Refurbished Laptop: Hello. I recently bought a refurbished laptop (chose to have windows 10 Pro installed over original windows 7). First startup, put windows key in etc and was automatically logged in as "User". I created an Admin account (local), removed "User' and restarted. I was then auto...
  7. Activation of Windows 10 on a refurbished laptop

Activation of Windows 10 on a refurbished laptop: I purchased a refurbished Toshiba laptop and tried to install Windows 10 but the laptop wouldn't accept my product code and gave the error code 0x80070057....
  8. REFURBISHED PROBLEM

REFURBISHED PROBLEM: Hello i bought a refurbished PC from amazon but another seller thru them anyway they refurbished & installed windows 10 I HATE WINDOWS 10 im trying to install windws 8.1 but its asking for a product key/code its a 25 digit well i have a code but it's for windows 10 only i...
  9. refurbished laptop and product key activation problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    refurbished laptop and product key activation problems: Hi all! I bought a refurbished hp elitebook today and I cant seam to activate it I have the refurbished activation code but I cant find were to input it its just showing trouble shoot cant anybody help please...
  10. Refurbished Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Refurbished Laptop?: I'm considering getting a laptop for the first time. I have a desktop PC but I want something a bit more than a tablet and with a Windows 10 OS. These stream laptops I've seen only have 32gb hard drive storage and I'm looking for something with more capacity. How wise is it...