Windows 10: Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name

Discus and support Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to access my other win11 both are win11 I have an error using the explorer link where the list of networked PCs appears. But if I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FranCmadrid, Aug 4, 2024.

1. Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name

When I try to access my other win11 both are win11 I have an error using the explorer link where the list of networked PCs appears. But if I try to access the explorer using \\ip\folder the connection is perfect. Service look correctly .Any idea ?

:)

FranCmadrid, Aug 4, 2024

2. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 4, 2024
  3. Deleting old pc name from network

Many thanks, Sangeeta. Your suggestion worked.

Have an additional problem. For some reason, our "HomeNetwork" lists one of our pc's twice - under 2 different names. Both pc names work, in that I can access the desired pc by "clicking" on either name. I'm ok with it, but I'd really like to get rid of
    one of the entries. Do you - or any colleagues - have a suggestion to help me do so?

Thank you again, & hope you have yet another solution for me.

Steve

Steve at UNC, Aug 4, 2024
  4. Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name

Issues while accessing PC over the network

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing the PC’s over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you connected both the laptops to the same network through which the PC is connected?
    2. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC’s?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try connecting the PC to the main router and see if you are able to access the laptops.

If you are able to access the laptops, then we need to configure the network settings once again. You can refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 4, 2024
Thema:

Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name

1. Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name - Similar Threads - Problems accessing network

2. Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name: When I try to access my other win11 both are win11 I have an error using the explorer link where the list of networked PCs appears. But if I try to access the explorer using \\ip\folder the connection is perfect. Service look correctly .Any idea ?...
  3. how to access my other pc on the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access my other pc on the same network: how to access my other pc on the same network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-other-pc-on-the-same-network/7d087c8b-5e04-423e-a360-8df2170cccaf
  4. how to access my other pc on the same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to access my other pc on the same network: how to access my other pc on the same network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-other-pc-on-the-same-network/7d087c8b-5e04-423e-a360-8df2170cccaf
  5. Issues while accessing PC over network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while accessing PC over network: I have 5 pc's on my network. Only 1 of them can't share. When I try to access that pc from any of the other 4 pc's I get a message. windows cannot access \\XXXXX you do not have permission to access \\XXXXX contact your local network admin to request access However,...
  6. Issues while accessing PC's over network

Issues while accessing PC's over network: running a home network using a router/modem from cable co I've done all of the changes & settings in all post. running 3 computers with desktop I can see the computer hooked up to the router per ethernet & can access system & drive but when I try to connect the other...
  7. Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network !

Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network !: I have 2 machines (A +B) both running windows 10 (1903) HOME edition. I am the administrator on both. I recently wanted to transfer data across the network from A to B and vice versa by creating a network. However despite turning on network discovery on both machines...
  8. Issues while accessing PC over the network

Issues while accessing PC over the network: I just had Comcast install their home security system, including 2 cameras. Prior to that my system looked like this: An ethernet cable connected from desktop to the modem/router. My Ethernet connection was called ‘network 3’. My wifi was working perfectly: both laptops...
  9. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...
  10. Sending a message to a other PC over the network

Sending a message to a other PC over the network: Hey! I was wondering if anyone know how to send a message over the network to a pc? On the same network ofc, I tried this on my NUC "Net send Strix_V3 hello" and it didn`t show up anything on my laptop. I don`t want any third party software. And, I`ve set up my NUC as a...