Windows 10: Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

Discus and support Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Milen Delyanov Nikolov, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is an error, namely "Can't Collect Information. Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software. Windows Management files may be moved or missing." I actually checked and there were files in windows/system32/wbem/repository, so this shouldn't be the problem. I tried following the steps outlined in https://answ

:)

Milen Delyanov Nikolov, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

T-Mobile Shares Additional Information Regarding Ongoing Cyberattack

Source: T-Mobile US, Inc. - T-Mobile Shares Additional Information Regarding Ongoing Cyberattack Investigation

Brink, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Kyle__jj Win User
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was working properly by opening System Information and got this: "Can't Collect Information. Failed connection to this computer. Check to see that the Winmgmt service is running.". So, obviously, I went into Services, and sure enough Windows Management Instrumentation AND Windows Management Service are BOTH running. Only problem now is what on earth do I do.

This is a screenshot of WMI and WMS both running, along with System information telling me it's not.

Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information e689b3de-2e36-4610-8f15-689303ea3f47?upload=true.png

Kyle__jj, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Bree Win User

Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

Get window information

@tcebob, for all such useful little utilities my first port of call is NirSoft. Again, they have not disappointed....

WinLister v1.22 - display the list of opened windows on your system

Thema:

Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

1. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information - Similar Threads - Problem System Information

2. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information: Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is...
  3. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information: Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is...
  4. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  5. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  6. System Information App Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information App Can't Collect Information: Whenever I try to open the System Information app in Windows 10 21H1, it shows that it can't collect information about my PC. Why does it happen and how do I fix this?Note: I am a standard user....
  7. System information problem devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System information problem devices: Just came across a subcategory called "Problem Devices" and it shows: Device: High Definition Audio Bus PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9840&SUBSYS_8305103C&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&0&09 Error Code: 39 What could be the problem? And recently I updated my graphics driver...
  8. System Information Error "Can't Collect Information. Failed Connection to this computer....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information Error "Can't Collect Information. Failed Connection to this computer....: I found some solutions on here, but they did not work. After the last Windows 10 System Update, I have no administrative access. I cannot see my system information. I cannot restore my system from the last update. I cannot get into Safe Mode...and the issue seems to be...
  9. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  10. System Information Can't collect information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information Can't collect information: Hello, I am getting this error( photo attached below) whenever I try to open system information. someone plz help me Fixes I have tried- Reset WMI Windows update Updating drivers Someone please help me with this issue[ATTACH]...