Windows 10: problem with logging in methods

Discus and support problem with logging in methods in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is the second Microsoft laptop I have had in the past year because it just stopped working and for both laptops, I have not been able to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Batu Polat, Jun 2, 2024.

1. problem with logging in methods

This is the second Microsoft laptop I have had in the past year because it just stopped working and for both laptops, I have not been able to use the facial recognition for either of them. Is there some requirement I need or is it just a problem? The same thing has happened with fingerprint recognition. At first on both laptops, it was fine, but it suddenly stopped working. My laptops were the Windows 11 2 in 1 14" and the Windows 11 Surface laptop Go 3. This isn't related, but whenever I play games on the windows 11 surface laptop go 3, it's buggy and laggy. I know it's not the internet becau

:)

Batu Polat, Jun 2, 2024
  2. Geethu B Win User

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Redirecting

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 2, 2024
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 2, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

problem with logging in methods

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2024
Thema:

problem with logging in methods

1. problem with logging in methods - Similar Threads - problem logging methods

2. problem with logging in methods

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with logging in methods: This is the second Microsoft laptop I have had in the past year because it just stopped working and for both laptops, I have not been able to use the facial recognition for either of them. Is there some requirement I need or is it just a problem? The same thing has happened...
  3. Windows 10, unable to log in with any method.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, unable to log in with any method.: I took some apparently awful and stupid advice in trying to fix windows eating my RAM. Users said: Open up "regedit" and go this key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu Change the "Start" value to 4 to disable it. No one said anything negative...
  4. Problem with changing payment method

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with changing payment method: I tried to make the purchase inside an app that was downloaded from the Microsoft Store. But I didn’t find how to set the payment method. It requires me to pay with a credit card but I have some money on my Microsoft account and prefer to spend it primarily...
  5. Remove pin as method of logging in to my computer

Remove pin as method of logging in to my computer: Yesterday I added a pin to my computer as a login oiption as Windows told me I had to do it for some reason and there was no "NO" option so I had to do it, I don't want to use a pin, its less secure than a password, so I searched up how to remove it and so I went to the...
  6. Cant log in to laptop, tried every method

Cant log in to laptop, tried every method: I forgot the password for my laptop and tried to reset it and it would just stay on the screen, it also says my microsoft password is wrong which it is not as i double checked and tried every option to fix it. I also try to connect ethernet to the laptop but nothing registers...
  7. Problem with language bar and input method

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with language bar and input method: Hi everyone, I have a little problem that is driving me nut, and I have no idea where to search to find solutions about it. First here is my "winver" window: [ATTACH] When I do Windows key + Space key, I got this menu that shows up: [ATTACH] As you probably know, that's...
  8. Trouble logging in to Office after changing payment method

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble logging in to Office after changing payment method: I'm having trouble logging into my Microsoft Office account, and I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I recently changed payment methods. I was paying on a monthly basis for a year, then my subscription expired. I elected to renew my subscription, but when I...
  9. Log in problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in problem: Hi My 8 year old has locked himself out of his laptop because he likes messing with the username and password and now he can't remember the password. I have reset the Microsoft password but the log in is not using the Microsoft password. I am unable to boot in safe mode as...
  10. Log-in problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log-in problem: I am having difficulties with logging-in. It began with no longer being able to use my PIN code, but having to use my password instead. I went to Settings, intending to refresh my PIN code but found that the sign-in options page will not open. Then I found that I could not...